Updated on January 4, 2019
JetBlue Plus 60,000 Sign Up Bonus
Get a huge sign up bonus with Barclay and the new JetBlue Plus offer: 60,000 bonus TrueBlue points [expired] after just $1,000 . It's the HIGHEST offer. I've seen 30k and 40k but i've never really been interested, until now. I don't know when or where I'll use the points, but JetBlue TrueBlue points don't expire, so I'll figure that out later. Below are some potential ways to use the points. See the examples below to see how the bonus can be worth up to $1000. So you spend only $1000 on a new credit card and get something worth up to $1000+ yes, please sign me up.
- Direct Link [60k bonus expired. Current offer is 40k – I would suggest waiting until it goes back up. Check out other Airline and Travel rewards card offers here]
- Get 60,000 TrueBlue points after spending $1,000 on your JetBlue Plus within 90 days
- $99 annual fee (NOT waived)
- Free First Checked Bag: “Primary cardmember and up to 3 travel companions on the same reservation who have purchased Blue fares each receive their first checked bag free on JetBlue operated flights. ” – this is valuable when you book the cheapest fare which does NOT include any checked bags
- Get 10% Points Back When You Redeem
- 6x points on Jetblue Purchases
- Zero Foreign Transaction Fees
- 50% Savings on Inflight Purchases
- Qualify for Mosaic (their elite status) after spending $50,000 – that's probably not worth much for most people
- Anniversary TrueBlue Bonus Points – get 5,000 TrueBlue points when you renew your account (and pay another annual fee).
- $100 Statement Credit After Purchasing a Getaway Package
How To Check Your Application Status
Hopefully you got the instant approval when you applied. If your application is pending (or rejected), check you status online or call the reconsideration line.
Using JetBlue Plus TrueBlue Points
If you have the card, you'll get a free checked bag for yourself and up to 3 travel companions on the same reservation, so you can focus on the getting the cheapest fares/points options. The point prices vary based on the cash prices but here are a few examples that I explored.
What are JetBlue TrueBlue Points Worth?
Doctor of Credit thinks the points are worth between 0.97 cents to 1.89 cents per point. In the examples below, you'll see how you can easily get 1.7 to 1.8 cents per point booking the cheapest fares. At 1.7 cents, your 60k bonus is worth $1020. Once you take into account the 10% off award redemptions, that will bump up the point value even more.
For more inspiration, see where JetBlue flies.
New York to San Francisco
Instead of $144 cash, you can fly NYC to SFO for 9,600 points (can be higher or lower). That makes each point worth almost 1.7 cents, and the 60,000 bonus worth $1000. Or you burn most of your points on a business “Mint” class for 50,000 points but it's a worse bang for your buck versus the coach “Blue” flights.
Look at the “BLUE” (the cheapest fare on the left) because the card already gives you a free checked bag which is what you'll get with the more expensive “BLUE PLUS” fare.
New York to Costa Rica
Costa Rica is definitely on my list. I can book a direct flight to Liberia for only 8,800 points + $51.73 instead of $188. After the 10% award booking discount, that's 7,920 points. This is 1.7 cents per point making the 60,000 bonus worth $1037. The sign up bonus is enough for 3 (almost 4) round trip coach tickets to Costa Rica.
New York to Aruba
I found a flight to Aruba for 13,200 versus a cash rate of $217. This redemption is slightly better at 1.8 cents per point, which means the 60,000 bonus could be worth $1095. Not bad at all.
New York to Grand Cayman
$169 cash rate vs 10,400 points is 1.6 cents per point. JetBlue and Cayman Airways provide the only direct flights from New York. With a flight time under 4 hours, these two airlines are your best choices from New York City. After the 10% discount, the flight drops to 9,360 points which results in 1.8 cents.
How do you plan to use your points?
Thanks I guess I m going to CR !
Is the deal still on?
Is there a working link since it was updated yesterday?
Its expired. I added the current offer of 40k for you but might be worth waiting.