Updated on June 21, 2021
Amazon is giving 20-50% off when you use just 1 Amex Point! It is targeted, and I got lucky this time with a big 50% off up to $60 off! Happy Thanksgiving and Black Friday!
How to check if you are eligible
- Check your Amazon account to see if you eligible. If you are you'll see a message similar to the one below with the offer details. Don't dilly, these will get used up quickly!
- If you don't have an Amex Rewards account registered, you will click the button to enroll an eligible Amex card that earns Amex Points. It will likely tell you to check back within 24 hours to see if you're eligible.
What can I buy with the discount?
In the past, I may have had items saved in my cart waiting for for the next offer. Since 3rd party gift cards work, now I just buy gift cards that I know will get used up very quickly. In this case that's $120 gift card for food for only $60!
How do I get the discount?
If you are eligible, have clicked the link and activated the offer, you need to make go to the checkout and select the Amex card that is enrolled. It will tell you how many Amex points you have available. Check the box to use Amex points BUT erase what defaults in the box. Enter $0.01 in the box and it will calculate to use 1 Amex point on your Amazon order. That's the minimum you need to use. If you don't change this it will try to pay for the entire order using Amex points and it won't be a good deal for you.
Terms and Conditions
The below are the terms for the 20% Off. The 50% off offer has different terms and is offered to less people (it expires after 40,000 uses).
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 12/31/2020, or (b) the time at which 70,000 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently.
- Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if they are “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $20 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled card per one account
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than the maximum discount availed.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards points card issued in United States.
- Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.