ibotta $10 Sign Up Credit + $100 Refer a Friend Bonus
Get a $10 bonus when you sign up for free at ibotta + $100 if you refer 5 friends by December 25. The $100 bonus is double their recent offer so now is a great time to join in. If you've used online cash back sites, this is similar but also works in physical stores — so this might save you some cash during the holiday shopping seasons. ibotta also has Uber $1 off per ride (for all users)! I've been using it for a couple months and quickly earned over $50 buying things I would have (mostly) bought in stores anyway (without a coupon unfortunately).
Sign Up Bonus
Many thanks if you use my referral code/link above (code: jpnmpup)
***Don't forget to turn off “Share Your Activity” otherwise everyone you and everyone you refer will see where you shopped and how much you saved (but not what you bought). Account -> settings -> preferences -> share activity.
$100 Refer A Friend Bonus
- After you sign up and install the app, get your referral code (click account -> Invite Friends)
- Invite your friends (facebook, twitter, email, text, etc) Get $100
- You'll get $5 per friend plus a $75 bonus when you get 5 friends through December 25
What is ibotta?
ibotta is a cash back app that works in physical stores, online, and even within Apps. Just another online cash back portal? Not quite. ibotta started out as an app for mobile coupons but now it does much more: In-Store, Online, In-App.
How it works
- In-store shopping: Find coupons. Buy the product. Scan the receipt. That's it.
- Online-shopping: Launch your app from inside ibotta then shop. Get cash back. Simple.
For example, you can walk into your favorite grocery store (Whole Food, Trader Joe's, ShopRite, Target, Walmart, Giant, etc) and find coupons on your app. No coupons to cut from the Sunday paper. Prefer to shop on your favorite app (Jet.com, Boxed etc), it works too and it's not just for groceries. Just launch the app from within iBotta and works.
Other Cash Back Categories
Here are some examples of where ibotta works (it's not a complete list)
- Grocery: Whole Food, Trader Joe's, ShopRite, Target, Walmart, Giant, and more
- Mobile Shopping: Amazon, Jet.com, many travel websites and too many to list
- Beer/Wine/Spirits: any liquor store, any grocery store and more
- Pharmacy: CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Duane Reade
- Clothing: Gap, Express, Foot Locker, Kohls, Shoes.com, A&F
- Beauty & Wellness: GNC, Ulta, L'Occcitane
- Specialty: Groupon, Petco, Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby, eBay, SeatGeek, Apple Refurb, Pet Smart
- Restaurants & Bars: Buffalo Wild Wings, Any Bar, Any Restaurant (yes, any bar and restaurant that sells the drink they have a promotion on for example)
- Convenience: 7-Eleven, Shell, Wawa
- Travel: Booking.com, Hotels.com, Uber.com
- Home & Electronics: Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowes, Overstock.com, Target.com
Cash Back Bonuses
The app has many opportunities to earn additional bonuses. ibotta has turned earning cash back into a sort of game. You can connect with teammates via facebook or referrals and work together to earn more cash back. Here are a couple of bonuses I got easily:
- September Level 1: $1 bonus if you redeem 10 offers and your team earns $10
- $5 Mobile Shopping Bonus 2: Get $5 when you make your first mobile shopping purchase
- Product package deals: Earn $1.50 extra when you buy Coca-Cola beverages and Vea crackers together… that's on top of the additional cash back for each product separately
Get Real Cash
You can withdraw your money after you earn $20. Cash it out with Paypal, Venmo, or buy a gift card instead.
My First Purchase & Cash Back
My first few purchases using ibotta were for groceries from ShopRite. I only purchased items for which there was a rebate just to try this out. Afterwards, I also placed a few orders for delivery.com (no longer on ibotta) as well as Jet.com. It was easier than I expected.
Here's how it registered in the app — except the Talenti Gelato didn't register at first.
The app didn't recognize the gelato purchase so I had to scan the bar code and then it instantly registered.
Feel free to leave your referral links in the comments after retweeting the link to this post. Be sure to leave your twitter name so I can verify.