HILTON STATUS MATCH – UNTIL JAN 11, 2016!
Via VFTW, Hilton is offering to match your status with other hotel programs. Hilton offered a Status Match in Nov 2015 which required you to email the proof. This time they have a dedicated page setup for this.
Hilton status, in my opinion, doesn't get you much. The highest you need is Gold status. After years of having the highest status (Diamond) and hundreds of paid stays while traveling for work, the treatment was roughly the same as no status at all. The main difference was free breakfast which you also get with Gold status. No suite upgrades. The breakfast can be average to amazing depending on the property like during my honeymoon to Conrad Maldives where the price for the feast/brunch can cause sticker shock.
On the polar opposite, Starwood SPG Platinum status has very often given me awesome suites on top of the other smaller perks like free breakfast and late checkout.
HOW TO GET YOUR STATUS MATCHED
- Go to https://hhonormystatus.hiltonapps.com/
- Fill in the form (Join HHonors if you're not yet a member)
- Attach proof of your status. I previously sent screen shots of the Starwood SPG, Hyatt, and IHG accounts (see what worked for others with the previous offer) but I only needed to send 1.
WHAT WILL THEY ACCEPT AS PROOF?
- screenshot of your current account status
- or your membership card.
- images must be in JPG format only
Leave a Reply