Updated on December 2, 2015
Hilton Status Match – Diamond and Gold
Last week, HiltonHHonorsRepresentative noted that Hilton was offering a status match. Details were not clear what the criteria was to gain either Diamond status or Gold status. I submitted my request as soon as I caught wind and after patiently waiting, I have finally received a response from HHonorMyStatus@hilton.com welcoming me to my new Diamond status. My new Diamond status is good until March 31, 2017.
Here is the email I received back in response:
Thank you for your inquiry regarding tier match to Diamond. We
appreciate you taking the time to contact us.
We have received your competitors tier match information and have
upgraded you to Diamond status at this time. Please allow 3-4 weeks to
receive you new membership card. We look forward to servicing your
travel needs with your elite status. Congratulations!
If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate
to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below
for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location
And here is the automated email I received shortly after:
My Qualifications for Status Match
Here are some points of reference based on my profile / match request:
- I provided a screen print showing SPG Platinum status with 28 stays YTD, 51 nights YTD, and 324 nights LTD
- I provided a screen print showing Hyatt Diamond status with 7 stays YTD and 24 nights YTD
- I am a former Hilton Diamond member via challenge >5 years ago
- I am a current Hilton Gold member from carrying the Citi Hilton Reserve credit card
- I have given Hilton 0 paid business during the past 5 years, only award nights
- During the past 12 months, I have only had 1 stay/night with Hilton, via award night at the Conrad Hong Kong
Criteria for Hilton Diamond Status Match (Or Gold)
Reports are starting to flow in but, it is still unclear what the exact criteria is to get Diamond status matched by Hilton. Here are the ones that stand out:
- There is 1 report that Hilton rejected a SPG Plat's request for a Diamond status match, but instead offered a challenge.
- There is another report where Hilton matched the Diamond status request based on the requester's SPG Lifetime Platinum status.
- Youhavebeenupgraded also notes he was matched to Diamond with SPG Platinum.
- Apparently, 1 person with only Gold status got matched to Diamond as well. It is still unclear what program he/she held Gold.
- It appears IHG Spire Elite Ambassador also gets Diamond.
Did you get upgraded to Diamond too? If you have't requested a match yet, follow the instructions below.
Instructions for Requesting Diamond or Gold Status
- Take a screen shot of your elite status with another program like SPG, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
- Send your HHonors # along with proof of your elite status via email to HHonorMyStatus@hilton.com
- The deadline is January 16, 2016, but I suggest you do it as soon as possible in case they get flooded with requests and change the rules (or lack of rules)
Best Use of Diamond Status Via Credit Card Signup Bonus
You may want to consider signing up for the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Credit Card. Earn 2 weekend night certificates good at most hotels and resorts within the Hilton portfolio after you make $2,500 in purchases within 4 months of account opening. If you are interested in this offer, select CREDIT CARD DIRECTORY at the top and look for the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Credit Card within the HOTEL CREDIT CARDS section.