Updated on January 17, 2020
New York Times Travel Show 2018
1/19/18 UPDATE: Free tickets are gone but I've listed discounted ticket options below. Enjoy the tickets if you got one — please let me know what you liked best about the show in the comments (yes, I like reading those comments!)
I've got free tickets for my readers again in 2018! The show is just a couple of weeks away so get your free tickets now. Book any flights/hotels on Upside.com and get a free $100 Amazon gift card (Upside is a travel startup focused on business travel and actually providing service)
- 560+ exhibitors
- 30k travelers and industry professionals
- 280 travel speakers and experts
- 100+ cultural presentations
What do you go for? I usually enjoy attending some seminars and speaking to some experts about particular countries I'd like to visit. They always have plenty of catalogs with pics and itineraries to help you with your planning. A year before my Australia trip I picked the brains of some exhibitors on places to fly into and how best to allocate my time. This year I wont make it — i'll be hanging out at a desert resort spending my Hyatt Free Night certificates.
HOW TO GET FREE & DISCOUNT TICKETS
- FREE Ticket: Click here and use promo code (ALL TICKETS ARE GONE) when you check out. Free tickets are limited! Click CONSUMER registration otherwise it won't work! [Please leave a comment or tweet me if you use one]
- Buy discounted tickets from Goldstar with prices ranging from Free up to $15 plus a $6 service fee, or Groupon up to 40% off
- 2 For 1 Tickets – Use coupon code TS17NYTTS to get 2 for 1 (regular price = $20 for 1 day or $25 for two days).
FREE RIDES TO THE SHOW
Here's some free rides to go with that free ticket. The show is at the Jacob Javits Center (655 West 34th St, New York, NY 10001). If you need a ride, use these free rides:
- Lyft (new users get up to $20 free credit
- Uber (new users get 5 off first 4 rides),
- Via (new users get $10 free ride credit),
- Juno (30% off rides).
Thanks for using my referral links!
Be prepared to walk a few blocks if you want anything other than bad bad bad food. 9th Ave has excellent food options is just a few minutes walk. You'll find LOTS of Thai restaurants plus a lot more. Or just order food and have it delivered.
Free Food Delivered:
- $10 off food order + free delivery with DoorDash.com
- $7 off food order with Delivery.com
- $20 off first two food orders from TryCaviar.com (it's all food not just caviar!)
- $7 off first food order GrubHub
Beginners and seasoned travelers can usually find some interesting seminars covering a lots of travel topics.
Thanks for posting about the travel expo. I reserved two tickets using your code. This will be my first time going to it and I’m excited to see what it’s all about.
Good way to spend an entire day or weekend if you have the time.
Thanks! Missed the last couple years and looking forward to going this year for some ideas
Hi. I already have a press pass, but used one code for my boyfriend. thanks.
as for transportation, I would add that the new 7 train stop at Hudson Yards is only a block away from the Javits Center and a total game changer. It finally makes travel to the Javits Center easy and better and faster than all the car services you mention.
Used one; thanks!
Just reserved 2 tickets to the travel show! Can’t wait thank you so much. I am looking forward to attending.
I reserved my spot at the NY Times Travel Show
Thanks TRB!, I signed up too go also
are tickets out?
Did you get an error message?
still see the $59 fee
Ah, was doing the trade registration. Did the consumer one and it worked!
Just got two free tickets!
Thanks a lot!
You are the best!
Thanks so much! I reserved a ticket. This will be my 4th year at the show
Thank you, got a ticket
Unfortunately, the code didn’t work
Sorry, all gone.
I think they are all gone. 🙁
Yes, that was a lot of tickets 🙂 Gotta get em quick.
If anyone will not go, there are 2 people i know who would like to use it
Thank you! Code still works for the 2019 show!