Updated on January 24, 2018
New York Times Travel Show 2018
1/19/18 UPDATE: Free tickets are gone but I've listed discounted ticket options below. Enjoy the tickets if you got one — please let me know what you liked best about the show in the comments (yes, I like reading those comments!)
I've got free tickets for my readers again in 2018! The show is just a couple of weeks away so get your free tickets now. Book any flights/hotels on Upside.com and get a free $100 Amazon gift card (Upside is a travel startup focused on business travel and actually providing service)
- 560+ exhibitors
- 30k travelers and industry professionals
- 280 travel speakers and experts
- 100+ cultural presentations
What do you go for? I usually enjoy attending some seminars and speaking to some experts about particular countries I'd like to visit. They always have plenty of catalogs with pics and itineraries to help you with your planning. A year before my Australia trip I picked the brains of some exhibitors on places to fly into and how best to allocate my time. This year I wont make it — i'll be hanging out at a desert resort spending my Hyatt Free Night certificates.
HOW TO GET FREE & DISCOUNT TICKETS
- FREE Ticket: Click here and use promo code NYTTRB when you check out. Free tickets are limited! Click CONSUMER registration otherwise it won't work! [Please leave a comment or tweet me if you use one]
- Buy discounted tickets from Goldstar with prices ranging from Free up to $15 plus a $6 service fee, or Groupon up to 40% off
- 2 For 1 Tickets – Use coupon code TS17NYTTS to get 2 for 1 (regular price = $20 for 1 day or $25 for two days).
FREE RIDES TO THE SHOW
Here's some free rides to go with that free ticket. The show is at the Jacob Javits Center (655 West 34th St, New York, NY 10001). If you need a ride, use these free rides:
- Lyft (new users get up to $20 free credit
- Uber (new users get 5 off first 4 rides),
- Via (new users get $10 free ride credit),
- Juno (30% off rides).
Thanks for using my referral links!
Be prepared to walk a few blocks if you want anything other than bad bad bad food. 9th Ave has excellent food options is just a few minutes walk. You'll find LOTS of Thai restaurants plus a lot more. Or just order food and have it delivered.
Free Food Delivered:
- $10 off food order + free delivery with DoorDash.com
- $7 off food order with Delivery.com
- $20 off first two food orders from TryCaviar.com (it's all food not just caviar!)
- $7 off first food order GrubHub
Beginners and seasoned travelers can usually find some interesting seminars covering a lots of travel topics.