Is United Club Membership included with the JPM Reserve card?
Yes! I recently wrote about the 100k Bonus for the JP Morgan Reserve card and how I got approved. The JPMR Visa already comes with Priority Pass Select membership with access to over 900 airport lounges. It’s been rumored that a United Club membership is also included, a value of $450-$550 depending on your United status. After requesting it myself with customer service, I can confirm that it is included. You just need to ask for it. It takes a few days to show up in my account so I will have proof soon. One word of caution: the rep has to put in a request so it is not automatically setup. It is not advertised as a benefit so this might be a YMMV, but I think it is safe to say it is a benefit.
- Confirmed: Flyertalk
UPDATE: The JPM Reserve card arrived. Check out my unboxing video.
HOW TO REQUEST UNITED CLUB MEMBERSHIP
- Call customer service for your JP Morgan Reserve card (the number is on the back of your card, or if you dial a different Chase credit card phone number you can enter the last 4 digits of your JPM card and will get connected)
- Provide your United account number and ask to activate the United Club lounge membership.
The membership card takes 3-5 weeks to arrive but it should appear in your account within a few days. While you are waiting, you can use the lounge up to 2 times and JPMorgan Reserve will reimburse you the cost of the visit (according to multiple customer service reps).
UNITED CLUB BENEFITS
United.com lists the benefits of their lounges:
- Complimentary beverages and light snacks
- Free bar service
- Agent assistance with reservations, seat assignments and electronic ticketing
- Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access
- Free local phone calls
- Complimentary use of color/black and white printers
- Conference rooms or private phone booths with speakerphones
- Current periodicals and newspapers
- Complimentary use of showers*
- Information on local dining and entertainment options
* Available at select locations. United Club members can make conference room reservations online in advance. Showers are available for reservation upon arrival.
Do authorized users get a United Club membership?
No. Primary members gets the United Club membership. Authorized users do, however, get a Priority Pass membership.
Can I bring guests with my United Club membership?
Yes, according to United.com. United Club members can bring 2 adults or 1 adult and dependent children. According to JPM, the individual lounges decide.
How is this different than a One-Time Pass to the United Club Lounge?
A One-Time Pass is good for 1 person. No guests are allowed. (source: United.com)
Do I need to be flying on United to use the lounge?
No. But you do need to be flying that day. (Source)
Beginning August, 18, 2016, all United Club customers, including members, are eligible to access United Club locations only when they have a flight on any airline the same day, and must show a boarding pass for entry.