IHG is back with their Accelerate bonuses for Q1 2017. I was pleasantly surprised with a pretty good offer – up to 56,600 points. Is your offer better or worse? My bonus offers would really ONLY be worth it if I were going to stay at two InterContinentals which is where most of the bonus points kick in. I already have a night booked at an Intercontinental in January but I’m using my Chase Free Anniversary Night… too bad only paid stays count. Since I won’t likely have enough paid stays to get much, most/all my stays with be with Starwood as usual to maintain my Platinum status.
How To Sign Up – IHG Accelerate Bonus
- Click here to sign up and see your offers
- Qualifying Stays must be booked and completed between 1st January 2017 and 15th April 2017 (both dates inclusive)
- Only PAID stays count: A “Qualifying Stay” include most business and leisure rates… so award stays DO NOT count
My Bonus Offers
Here’s what I’ve been offered — up to 56,600 points total. Not bad! An average Holiday Inn stay may cost ~$125 or about 25,000 points…so about $0.005 per point. This bonus is worth approximately 2 free nights at an average Holiday Inn. Here’s some other offers: ViewFromTheWing, PointsWithACrew.
Short Cut: It appears possible to knock out all of these with just 2 paid Intercontinental Hotel stays in January for a total of 46,600. That might be worth it for someone paying cash instead of using points.
- 3,000 points for booking and staying one time (easy)
- 10,000 points for staying 5 nights (not so easy)
- 24,000 points for staying at 2 InterContinental Hotels (nice bonus!)
- 3,600 points for booking 1 Bonus Points Package
- 15,000 point bonus for completing 3 of the above 4 offers
- 1,000 points staying once in January (easy)
Did you get anything worthwhile?
Hat Tip: ViewFromTheWing