Cheap Hamilton Tickets $199 – American Express Presale
Didn't win free Hamilton Tickets from Uber on Monday? Neither did I! Coincidentally, I found out that American Express just launched a pre-sale today (Monday 9/20/16) with tickets as low as $199 for June to Mid August 2017! Yes, $199 is “cheap”!
I just bought 4 tickets to see Hamilton in NYC on a Saturday night next summer through Amex Platinum Concierge at $199 each. This is the most I have ever paid for Broadway tickets. People are willing to pay $500-$1000+ for some reason so this seems like a great deal. Woohoo! I will finally see what all the buzz is about…next year.
You can buy tickets two different ways (1) online through Ticketmaster.com of (2) by calling Amex Platinum Concierge. Amex has their own ticket inventory which Ticketmaster doesn't see so unless you want to pay $849 for premium tickets (like 1 seat in front of me), skip TicketMaster and call Amex.
PRESALE OFFER DETAILS
- 4 tickets per cardmember
- $199 tickets are located in left/right orchestra starting around row F and closer to the wall
- $849 tickets are located in center orchestra + front mezzanine
- Save $18 per ticket. Amex does not charge the extra BS “service fees” that Ticketmaster does. If you order through Ticketmaster you pay $18 extra per ticket!
- 4 tickets together is possible, but you will probably be a bit farther back or in the mezzanine where they had an entire row available in the center.
HOW TO GET $199 HAMILTON TICKETS
- You need to have an American Express Platinum or Amex Centurion (the black card). I used my Mercedes Benz Platinum Card. Don't have an Amex Platinum? Read this (even though the 100k offer is expired).
- Load up the seating chart and have it ready before you call.
- Call Amex Platinum Concierge 800-345-2639. The wait time was about 20 minutes tonight.
- Ask for “$199 Hamilton tickets” and provide your preferred dates and times in June/July/August 2017. Want a Saturday night? They have plenty (shockingly) if you ask! Amex has their own inventory and the $199 tickets are really difficult to find on the Ticketmaster website!
Note: Physical tickets will be shipped to you a few weeks before the event. Be sure to give them an address where someone can sign for the tickets because otherwise UPS won't leave it for you, just like the iPhone 7.
NO AMEX PLATINUM?
If you don't have a Platinum or Centurion Amex, you can still buy tickets on Ticketmaster.com but you won't have access to the inventory that Platinum Concierge has. I found ONE $199 ticket on ticketmaster.com and lots of $849 tickets. The seats with the padlock are “preferred seating” ($849) and are available for the following cards holders:
Preferred Seating is available to American Express® Gold Card, Platinum Card®, Centurion® Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card, Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card, Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card from American Express, American Express® Corporate Gold Card, Corporate Platinum Card®, Corporate Centurion Card® from American Express, and the Executive Business Card, Business Gold Card, Business Platinum Card® and Business Centurion® Card from OPEN American Express
A few hours after your order you will receive an email confirmation from American Express like this:
$20 UBER CREDIT FOR NEW USERS
New users get $20 off your first ride. Thank you if use my link – both of us will get a free $20 ride.