Updated on August 4, 2015
Don’t have time to sift through BoardingArea and Flyertalk? Here are the Rewarding Highlights from the past week:
- Lyft 11 Free Ride Offer continues: Lyft continues to offer 11 free rides in certain cities, despite the promotion end date of 2/22/15. If you are in one of these cities and have not signed up yet, NOW IS THE TIME. Note: promo active at the time of publication and may end any time – I'm trying to confirm how long it will be extended for.
- Hyatt's 20% rebate: Reminder to register for the 20% rebate on award redemptions – must be a Chase Hyatt credit cardholder. If you have Hyatt award stays planned between now and 7/31/15, now may be the best time to sign up for the Chase Hyatt credit card which comes with 2 free nights at any Hyatt in the world AND a $50 statement credit.
- 60k Chase Ink Bonus is Back: For a limited time only, Chase has increased its sign-up bonus to 60,000 UR pts for the Ink Plus credit card.
- If you are already a Chase Hyatt cardholder and plan to take advantage of Hyatt's 20% rebate on award redemptions, this increased sign-up can be equivalent to 72,000 Hyatt pts since Chase UR pts transfer to Hyatt pts at 1:1 ratio.
- Auto-approvals are rare for Chase small business credit cards. If you get the pending decision screen, call Chase at 800-453-9719 (8am-10pm EST M-F) to speak with a credit analyst who has the power to approve/decline your application. If you are in the same boat as this guy who opened/closed several Citi Exec cards after receiving the Citi signup bonus, be prepared to have a good answer when the credit analyst asks – the review process includes the number of accounts you have opened/closed in the past year.
- 5,000 Referral Bonus for Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders receive 5,000 referral bonus for each approved application, up to 10 referrals for 50,000 bonus Chase UR pts.
- United partner award sale will end soon: if you plan to redeem, do it soon!
- $25 Uber credit: for new and existing Uber members – Canadians only. I was able to apply the promo code ROAMLIKEHOME but the credit doesn’t show up under the PAYMENTS section. It’s possible the ride credit works off of GPS and will appear once physically in Canada. Give it a shot since there is no downside.
Want to see how I earn enough points and miles to travel for free? Read this first. Be one of the 10s of 10s of people who subscribe to receive email updates whenever I post a new article. Enter your email address in the top left corner of the site (mobile users scroll down) and that’s it. Cancel anytime. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or RSS feed.