Pitch To Venture Capitalists in an Uber
New Yorkers: Here's your chance to pitch your business idea to Venture Capitalists — in an Uber! Impress the investor in your Uber in 7 minutes and you be one of three entrepreneurs selected to pitch in front of a small panel of investors that same night at The Standard Hotel. There are 3 prizes: $5,000, $3,000, and $2,000. Finalists will find out after 2pm if they are selected. It's not Shark Tank or big money but this could open many doors for your startup.
Uber has teamed up with First Round Capital, an investor in Uber, Blue Apron and many other startups.
Investors include: First Round, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Brooklyn Bridge Capital, Primary VC, and more. Uber has been running this promotion in other places too like Indiana and this is the first time I've seen it in NYC.
HOW IT WORKS (Link)
- In NYC, on Thursday, Oct 13, 2016 (11am-2pm) open the Uber app and enter the code POOLPITCH in the PROMOTIONS tab
- Request the POOLPITCH option (just like you were requesting an Uber car)
- If you’re connected, an investor will arrive and you will have 7 minutes to pitch your idea. After that, the investor will give you feedback. A select group of entrepreneurs will be invited shortly after 2pm to an event that evening with all 30 participating VCs.
- Post comments below and maybe send a tweet with a photo.
Who is eligible? Both new users and existing users are eligible!
$20 CREDIT FOR NEW USERS
New users get $20 off your first ride. Thank you if use my link – both of us will get a free $20 ride.
Past Uber Promotions:
- Uber Gives Away Hamilton Tickets (Most Expensive Broadway Show)
- Uber Giving Away $1200 Gift Bags With Designer Clothing + Accessories TODAY – Fashion Week New York City
- WWD: Lyst, Uber to Deliver Gift Bags During Fashion Week
- Free $400+ Uber Fit Kit TODAY Only In New York City
- Free Uber Ride (NYC): McLarenP1 (a $1.1 million dollar car), Porsche, BMW i8, Tesla Model S, Lexus CTh, Hyundai Tucson Hydrogen
- Force (Friday) – Free Ride in Uber StormTrooper Car NYC
Leave a Reply