Cheapest Places To Get Passport Photos + Visa Photos Taken
You need to get a photo for your new passport application, renewal, or to get a visa. Where do you go? I was looking for the cheapest passport photos near me. There are many places to get passport photos or visa photos in person including pharmacies, warehouse clubs, shipping stores, post offices as well as some large retailers. If you need several copies for passports and visas, it can get expensive quickly! When I last took a passport photo at CVS, they wanted to charge me full price (another $12.99) for a second set of prints even though a single 4×6 print costs only $0.36.
Here is a comparison of the prices you can expect at some of the most popular locations. This is a little secret that these stores don't want you to know. The cheapest way is take your own photo using these free apps/tools and then print it on a 4 x 6 photo at one of these stores below for almost nothing (less than $0.40 for 2 photos). Why 4 x 6? Because you can fit two (2 x 2) passport photos on a single (4 x 6) size print.
HOW TO PRINT PHOTOS AT A PHARMACY OR OTHER STORE?
- Take your own photo using a free app/tool
- Email yourself the photo or save it on your computer
- Upload the photo to the pharmacy or store's photo department (links below) then pick up the print. It costs almost nothing!
- OR With your photo saved on a thumb drive or memory card, bring it to one of the stores listed below. Find the photo printing machine and insert your memory card. You will most likely want to print one 4×6 image. Again, the cost is almost nothing though this method is often a few pennies more expensive than uploading it.
Uploading the image (#3 above) is the way to go. Not only will it be waiting for you when you arrive, but it is often a few cents cheaper! Or just print it from the app if you don't feel like making the trip to the pharmacy for around $6.
**NOTE: It has been reported that Walgreens has refused to give a customer their 4×6 because it contained a passport photo. I have yet to see any official policies against printing a 2×2 image on a 4×6 print, but don't make it obvious you are printing a passport photo (i.e. don't ask for help using their kiosk “to print a passport photo”).
- CVS Passport Photos: Two passport photos cost
(was $12.99) $13.99 while one 4×6 print will cost you $0.29. With more than 7,600 stores in the United States, it is easy to find a CVS store. Use this link to print your photo and pick it up in the store. Until recently, the CVS Photo website was shut down due to an “illegal intrusion” but it is up and running again now. Avoid CVS stores in Manhattan during lunch time unless you have a spare hour!
- Walgreens Passport Photos: Two passport photos cost $12.99 but one 4×6 print will cost you $0.29. Use this link to upload your photo and pick it up in the store. If you use one of the tools mentioned above, you will be able to print your passport photos for only $0.29! Walgreens has over 8,200 locations throughout the US.
- Costco Passport Photos: Four passport photos cost $5.34 making Costco one of the cheapest options around. A single 4×6 photo costs only $0.17. Use this link to upload your photo and pick it up in the store. Costco does require a paid membership starting at $55/year. If you are already a member, then it may be worth it stopping by on your next trip. Skip the lines in the store by using one of these free tools to create your photo then upload it the Costco Photo website. They will even ship it to you for free (HT to Bruce). Otherwise, the parking and crowds at their 672 locations are probably not worth the trouble.
- Duane Reade Passport Photos: Walgreens bought Duane Reade in 2010 but you'll find the 250 stores all over Manhattan everywhere you turn. The prices are the same as Walgreens listed above.
- Rite Aid Passport Photos: Two passport photos cost $8.99 and one 4×6 print costs $0.29. Rite Aid has 4,600 stores in the United States. Unfortunately, Rite Aid does not allow you to upload photos so you will have to save the photo on a memory card or USB drive and bring it into the store.
- Walmart Passport Photos: Two passport photos cost $7.44 but one 4×6 print costs $0.19. There are over 5,000 stores in the US. Use this link to upload your photo and pick it up in the store.
- Sam's Club Passport Photos: Two passport photos cost $5.31. A single 4×6 print costs $0.17. Use this link to upload your photo and pick it up in the store. Like Costco, Sam's club requires a paid membership to shop at one of their 600+ US locations.
- Target Passport Photos: Two passport photos cost $9.99 while a single 4×6 print costs only $0.19. Use this link to upload your photo and pick it up in the store. One of the 1,800 stores are probably conveniently located nearby.
- FedEx Office Passport Photos: Two passport photos cost $14.99 and a single 4×6 print costs $0.39. They have about 2,000 stores in the US which were formerly called Kinkos. Photo printing is in-store only so you won't be able to upload them ahead of time.
- UPS Store Passport Photos: Two passport photos cost $11.99. There are 4,700 independent franchise stores. Photo printing is in-store only so you won't be able to upload them ahead of time.
- USPS Passport Photos: Only some post office locations take passport photos which cost $15. Unless you enjoy going to the DMV, I recommend staying far away from USPS due to the long lines and limited inconvenient operating hours.
- AAA Passport Photos: The passport photos prices vary with the type of member: non members $12, Basic member $8, Plus Members 1 free set/yr, Premier Members get 2-4 free sets/yr depending on location.
|#||Store||Two Passport Photos||One 4x6 Print|
|1||CVS Passport Photos||$13.99||$0.29|
|2||Walgreens Passport Photos||$12.99||$0.29|
|3||Costco Passport Photos*||$5.34||$0.17|
|4||Duane Reade Passport Photos||$12.99||$0.29|
|5||Rite Aid Passport Photos||$8.99||$0.29|
|6||Walmart Passport Photos||$7.44||$0.19|
|8||Target Passport Photos||$9.99||$0.19|
|12||AAA Passport Photos||$12|
*Costco provides 4 photos
Note: If you click some links on this site, TheRewardBoss may receive a commission at no added cost to you. By doing so, you help support my project and allow me to continue providing you with more rewarding information. I research, travel, and write my opinions regardless of whether there is a commission available. You don’t have to use my links, but I appreciate when you do. Thank you for your support!