American Express is doubling the bonus for the Amex Blue for Business Card to 20,000 points (up from 10,000). Amex seems to be continuing their roll out of strong offers this year and I know a lot of people are loving it! While this offer requires a sizable spend ($5,000 spend in 6 months) to get the full 20,000 pt bonus, it offers some valuable perks and no annual fee!
Amex Blue for Business Credit Card 20K Offer Highlights:
- Get 10,000 Membership Reward points after making your first purchase on the Card within your first three months.
- PLUS, for a limited time, get AN ADDITIONAL 10,000 membership rewards points after you spend $5,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months. This is a total of 20,000 bonus pts
- Annual points bonus are given in the form of Membership Rewards points and is equal to 30% of your past year’s purchases on your Blue for Business Card.
- 0% APR for initial 9 months
- No Annual Fee
- Expires 1/26/15
I can't seem to find a non-affiliate direct link. If anyone has it, please post in the comments and I will update this post.
Affiliate Link (I receive compensation for approved applications – many thanks if you use links):
- Click “Credit Card Directory” on the top of this page, click “Business Credit Cards”
- Select “Show More Results” on the bottom
- Look for “The Blue for Business Credit Card from American Express” and select “Apply Now”
Why You Should Apply and Keep Open:
While this offer requires a big spend ($5,000 spend in 6 months) to get the full 20,000 pt bonus, you should still go for it because of all the perks:
These are premium Membership Reward points that allow you to transfer to airlines and hotels, many of which at 1:1 ratio.Thanks for the correction Bobbie – see comment below.
- If you are strapped for cash, the Amex Blue for Business comes with 0% APR for 9 months. I will caution you, however, that I recommend anyone collecting miles and points pay off their credit cards in full every month!
- Best of all, there is no annual fee, so I plan to keep this card open forever.
Other Amex Offers:
Check out these recent posts if the American Express Blue for Business credit card does not fit your needs:
- Amex EveryDay Credit Card 25k Offer – after $2,000 spend in the first 3 months
- Amex Platinum 100K Offer – after $3,000 spend in the first 3 months
- Amex Premier Rewards Gold 50K Offer – after $1,000 spend in the first 3 months
- Amex Business Rewards Gold 75K Offer – after $10,000 spend in the first 3 months
- Amex Blue Cash EveryDay $250 Offer – after $1,000 spend in the first 3 months
American Express Application Status Check / Reconsideration:
If you did not get instant approval online, check your application status online. If it still shows pending following the instructions here to call the reconsideration line.
- Fatwallet: Blue for Business 20k offers, is it real?
What is considered a business? Do you have to submit any kind of paperwork? I do furniture restoration out of my house on the side from my day job…could I count that as a business?
check out these
Incorrect – while they are MR points, they cannot be transferred if all you have is this card. Only if you have another, “higher” MR card (e.g., PRG, Platinum, etc) can the points earned here transfer. See Amex’s T&Cs here:
“Some Card Members have the option to transfer points into a participating frequent customer program account. The Cards listed below are not eligible to transfer points. All other American Express Cards are eligible.
Please note that this information only applies to Cards that aren’t linked with others on the same program accounts. If you have a Card enrolled in Membership Rewards when you enroll another Card, the Cards will be linked to the same program account. If this happens, both Cards will be eligible for the benefits available to the Card with the greater benefits. For example, if you link a Blue Card to a program account with your Platinum Card, you will be eligible to transfer points that you’ve earned by spending with your Blue Card.
The following Cards are not eligible to transfer points:
Blue for Business® Credit Card
Blue for Students®
Blue from American Express
Business Management Account
Gold Optima® Card
Optima® Credit Card
Optima® Platinum Card®
Platinum Business Credit Card
The Platinum Credit Card
Thanks for the correction