Updated on April 28, 2016
UPDATE: The 60,000 bonus expired and is now 50,000 but the annual fee is now waived!
The 60,000 Chase Ink Plus Bonus is BACK + Refer-a-Friend Get 5,000 Points!
Chase just brought back the Ink Plus 60,000 sign up bonus after $5,000 spend in 3 months as reported by FrequentMiler. BUT that's not all — there is also a Referral bonus of 5,000 per new friend that signs up (read the last sentence of the offer). This is a nice bump for the National Small Business Week (May 4 – 8), though the credit card offer expires 5/25/15.
5,000 REFER-A-FRIEND BONUS
- Refer-a-friend to Chase Ink Plus starting from May 4 to May 15 (I called to confirm this with Chase)
- Earn 5,000 Ultimate Rewards points for each friend who signs up, up to 10 friends (maximum refer-a-friend bonus is 50,000 points)
- LINK TO REFER A FRIEND (not live yet) but it will be similar to the Chase Freedom refer a friend offer
LINKS TO APPLY:
- Application – Expired, but referral link below works
- REFER A FRIEND – Now live! I or a friend of yours can refer you using this link. I would be grateful if you allow me to refer you but you can just apply right now without me or anyone else. Please email me if you would like a referral or leave your first name in the comments.
- Expires 5/25/15
The annual fee for the Ink Plus offer is $95 (not waived). This 60,000 offer is a bump of 10,000 points vs the usual 50,000 sign up (which had the fee waived). You may be able to get the annual fee waived if you apply in branch.
CAN I APPLY IF I DONT HAVE A BUSINESS/HAVE A NEW BUSINESS?
Yes. It is a business card but small and new businesses can apply (there are no formal requirements to setup a sole proprietorship). Via the SBA, “In fact, you may already own [a business] without knowing it. If you are a freelance writer, for example, you are a sole proprietor.”
WHY GET IT?
- The #1 reason: Ultimate Reward Points transfer to United 1:1 – so 60,000 Ultimate Reward Points = 60,000 United Miles. After you spend the required $5k, you will have a total of 65,000 points which is worth 2 domestic round trip tickets with about 15k points left over. You can also transfer to Virgin which has some interesting redemptions to Australia.
- 5 points per dollar spent at office supply stores, cell phone, landline, internet and cable services (I always use it to pay my Verizon Wireless bill)
Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer 1:1 to several partners. As I mentioned above, my favorite use is to transfer to United Miles. You can also transfer to: British Airways Avios, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, Korean Air SkyPass, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Ritz-Carlton, as well as Amtrak.