UPDATE: Link is DEAD. Hope you got it!
American Express is offering an amazing 100,000 Membership Rewards point bonus with only a $3k spend in 3 months! This certainly beats having to spend $15,000 to get the current 100k bonus on the Amex Platinum Business card! If you haven’t had a personal American Express Platinum before, this may be a good time to sign up. Not sure how long this will last!
Note: Consider the notes below about the bonus claw back before applying.
- 100,000 Amex Membership Reward Points after $3,000 spend in 3 months
- Annual fee $450 (not waived)
Application Link (only works in incognito/private browser)
(not an affiliate link)
Perks and Benefits
The official perks and benefits can be found on the Amex website here, though that link only shows the lower offer, so don’t apply through that link! Here are some of my favorites
- Airport Lounges: Free access to over 1,000 lounges including Centurion Lounges, Delta Sky Club, Airspace Lounges, and Priority Pass (which you have to enroll in to receive)
- Hidden Perk: Centurion Suite access (this is AWESOME if you can use it!)
- $200 Airline Fee Credit (get it in 2016 and 2017 before your annual fee is due so this is worth $400 and it can be used for Amazon Gift Cards)
- Boingo Wifi – Receive Wi-Fi access on up to four devices to more than 1,000,000 hotspots worldwide and pay no Wi-Fi roaming fees
- Global Entry/TSA – up to $100 credit to pay for a Global Entry/TSA fee for you or anyone else
- Hotel Status: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, and Hilton Gold
- No Foreign Exchange Fee
Bonus Claw Back
Amex did claw back some 100k bonuses (read this too) recently, but as long as you not doing manufactured spend or trying to cheat in some other way, you should be ok. Of course it is a risk and I can’t guarantee anything. If people are abusing the system, do you blame them for doing it?