Updated on March 22, 2015
Don’t have time to sift through BoardingArea and Flyertalk? Here are the Weekend Update Highlights from the past week:
- During the last week, I have been getting TheRewardBoss moved over to BoardingArea's hosting service. There were a few hiccups but after lots of testing, everything is moved over and working. I'm glad that's over!
- Citi Thank You new transfer partner
- Animation of the Knee Defender
- SPG's Tap Into Luxury Instant Win Game
- 8/31 Update: 10% Off Virgin America Flights – Instant Coupon
- Numerous reports that new Lyft sign-ups in NYC (or sign-ups that did not receive 50 free rides previously) receive 7 free rides (up to $25 each). Click here to sign-up and receive 1 additional free Lyft ride (up to $25): Enter Lyft credit code / promo code EMPIRE within the Lyft mobile App
Enjoy the holiday weekend!
Want to see how I earn enough points and miles to travel for free? Read this first. Be one of the 10s of 10s of people who subscribe to receive email updates whenever I post a new article. Enter your email address in the top left corner of the site (mobile users scroll down) and that’s it. Cancel anytime. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or RSS feed.
Need your help…..I break down into parts so it’s easier for you to answer each:
1. I got approved for SPG Amex card on June 30, today is Sept 1, (same situation with Chase, I got Ink on June 30) so it’s not 91 days yet…. what do you think on my chance of getting approved if I apply for the limited increased sign up bonus Amex Delta card (and Chase United card)? since I read that it’s better to wait 91 days between applications for card issued by same bank.
2. Also can I get approved if I apply American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles Personal and Business version in same day (if you have affiliate link for this, please let me know)? What about for Chase United card, does it have personal and business version as well and can I apply both on same day?
3. I have plan to use Marriott points for my upcoming trip in Asia next year. And as you know Chase also have increased 70k points sign up bonus for Marriott card and 140k for Ritz. When will this end, is this limited time to as with United and Delta one? Do you think I should apply for Chase United or Marriot card first for app-o-rama this time? If I apply for Chase United, then I have to wait 91 days before I can apply for Chase Marriott or Ritz and maybe their sign up bonus is less than now.
Please confirm as soon as possible, I need your answer before I can apply using your affiliate links today.Thank you.
David, I tried to email you but your email bounced.
Forgot couple things, sorry for asking many questions but I want to make sure each of my question answered before I apply:
4. Apply for Chase United card today(along with Amex Delta), and then maybe couple weeks later apply for Ritz card to get the 140k bonus. Is this ok, will I get denied when I apply for Ritz because “too many cc inquiries in 2 months”?
5. Also apply for Delta personal and business version on same day today,both might not be processed same day, so if I applied and got pending status for both, do you recommend to call recon line or just wait few days until it automatically processed?
Apply personal version first, if got pending status call the recon, then after got approved, apply for business version, if got pending , call the recon.
Which version do you suggest to apply first to maximize the chance of getting approved, personal or business first?
Thanks a lot !