Updated on August 4, 2015
Below you will find highlights from my 16 day trip Peru / Machu Picchu trip:
Hotel Review: Sheraton Lima
Trip Report Chapters:
• Peru 16 day trip: Itinerary, Points & Miles
• Daily Highlights
• Hotel: Sheraton Lima ⌫ (you are reading this)
• Urubamba / Sacred Valley
• Hotel: Tambo del Inka, Resort & Spa (Urubamba)
• Aguas Calientes / Putucusi Mountain
• How to Book Machu Picchu Tickets Online (without pulling your hair out!)
• Machu Picchu & Wayna Picchu (Huayna Picchu)
• Hotel: La Pequeña Casita (Aguas Calientes)
• Amazon Jungle (Puerto Maldonado)
• Hotel: Amazon Planet (Puerto Maldonado)
• Hotel: Palacio del Inka (Cusco)
• Puno / Lake Titicaca
• Hotel: Tierra Viva Puno Plaza (Puno)
• Colca Valley
• Hotel: Killawase Lodge (Yanque, Colca Valley)
• Hotel: Los Tambos (Arequipa)
• Sandboarding in Huacachina
The Sheraton Lima was a great place to stay because it was so cheap using cash and points and it is centrally located near the tourist spots. If you have platinum status, you will have access to the Club Lounge where they will feed you well. See below.
Free drink vouchers are provided to platinum members at check-in: 1 free welcome drink and coffee/tea per person.
We were upgraded to the club floor. This is a standard king room.
Some free fruit and a welcome letter were in the room and the fruits were replenished the next day.
The sink, which is outside the bathroom, had the typical free water and toiletries.
The views from the room were fantastic!
THE CLUB LOUNGE
I wish Sheraton Hotels in the US would be provide service like this! Below are pictures of the free breakfast served in the club lounge (for platinum guests). At the end of my trip when I returned to this hotel, I learned that we could also have breakfast in the restaurant near the lobby which had 2-3x the selection! Be sure to ask – some hotels let you, others don't.
FREE EVENING APPETIZERS & SWEETS
If you get hungry before dinner, stop by the club lounge for some appetizers, drinks, and/or sweets. Bottled water was free but limited to two per room per day.
THE FREE SHUTTLE
The hotel will drive you to Miraflores. Make sure you know the exact pick up spot (read more about the mistake I made).
The gym was well equipped. More than sufficient for my stay.
I would definitely stay here again! Its convenient to walk to the tourist spots (there weren't so many things to see) and also as a home base for day trips such as going sand-boarding. Thank you for all the food!
Camera used to take these photos
Want to see how I earn enough points and miles to travel for free? Read this first. Be one of the 10s of 10s of people who subscribe to receive email updates whenever I post a new article. Enter your email address in the top left corner of the site (mobile users scroll down) and that’s it. Cancel anytime. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or RSS feed.