Last August I wrote about the Starwood SPG Platinum Renewal Gift. The deadline to choose is now almost here so if you have the gift you need to choose or lose your valuable gift.
Register here: www.spg.com/elitegift2013/ In case you can't find the email or never received it, that's the link to register
- 1/31/2014 – Choose your reward (35% off an award redemption or double points for any month — 35% off is the obvious choice in my mind) (when I called, SPG said 2/1/14 but just to be on the safe side, Im saying 1/31/14).
- 7/31/2014 – If you wait until the last day to register, you will have 6 months to book and complete your stay by (you must check out by this date). Don't delay if you don't yet know what you are going to do with your award! (customer service told me 8/31/14 but 7/31/14 was confirmed here and I reconfirmed by email)
The Best Use
- To get the most out of this, you want to:
- choose any SPG hotel category 1-6 (the higher category, the more bang for your buck)
- book 5 nights using points (the 5th night will be free, a standard Starwood promotion)
- For example, I'm using my certificate for 5 nights at Le Westin Resort & Spa, Tremblant, Quebec costs 12,000 points per night. The 5th night is free, so the cost is 4 x 12,000 = 48,000 less 35% = 31,200 points. So you are paying 31,200/5= 6,240 points per night — vs the regular price of 12,000 points (almost half off!). Each night is over $400, so that's about 6.5 cents per point, a great value for your Starpoints.
Where will you use your platinum renewal gift?
Links for further ideas
Leave a Reply