THIS OFFER HAS EXPIRED, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE THE LATEST OFFERS
As MileValue posted, you can get a 30,000 sign up bonus with the Starwood American Express (both the business and personal cards) but you need to be referred by an existing cardholder.
The last time this was offered was August 2013 (see my old post) and this is much better than the current deal for 25,000 points. This has typically been offered once per year, if that.
If you or anyone you know has one of these cards, they can refer you. A person must have the personal card to refer someone to the personal card. Same goes for the Business card (so if you have the personal card you cannot refer someone to the business card). I have both so I can refer you to either card or you can use the link below and a friend refer you (in case you didnt get the above email a short while ago).
How to sign up
1) UPDATE: There are now public links to apply. Link to apply for the Personal Card or apply for the Business Card without any referral. It would be a shame to waste the referral bonus so please consider having me or any friend refer you. I thank you in advance if you allow me to refer you (see #2) as this helps support my project (this website).
2) I can refer you: send me private message (click here) or leave comments below with your first/last name and if you want the personal or business card and I will sent you the referral. From the Amex Website “The individuals you refer may not receive the referral e-mail if they have previously “opted out” of receiving e-mail marketing communications from American Express.”
3) If you want to refer someone click here (you must have the card that you want to refer someone to) or feel free to exchange referrals in the comments
***NOTE: If you have received a specific bonus (the personal card bonus or business card bonus) in the past, there is a risk that you will not get it if you sign up again. The offer terms state: Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product. I have seen discussions saying that if you have not had the card for 365+ days that you might be able to get it. New rules went into effect in May 2014 which prevent you from getting the card more than once. If you apply, please let me know below if you get the points.
- Earn 10,000 Starpoints after your first purchase on the Card
- Earn 20,000 Starpoints after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 6 months
- no annual fee the 1st year the $65/year
- Whoever refers you get 5,000 points up to 55,000
- Expires June 30, 2014
Get Starwood Platinum Faster! Don't forget that you can stack your cards to get a shortcut to Starwood Platinum Status faster. Click here to read the details.
Here's the important part from the email I received
And for a limited time, each friend can earn up to 30,000 bonus Starpoints: 10,000 Starpoints after their first purchase on the Card in addition to 20,000 Starpoints after they make $5,000 in purchases within their first 6 months of Card Membership.2,3 Referrals need to occur by June 30, 2014 and your friend must be approved by June 30, 2014 to be eligible for this limited time offer.4