Updated on August 4, 2015
In a previous post (click here), I wrote some good ways to use Hilton points before the rates go up. I have a million points – Here is how I used my Hilton points. Turns out to be a little more difficult than I had thought. If you haven't spent your points yet, you probably still have a few hours. In case you still want to call, here is the # for AXON award reservation 800-920-5649. When I called I got lots of busy signals so everyone must be calling in to make their last minute reservations.
1) Conrad Maldives: 5 nights x 40,000 = 200,000 points (regular rate is 50k but it goes down automatically if you book more than 3 nights, even without using the Amex AXON rewards. Total used: 200,000.
2) Conrad Dubai: 3 nights x 50,000 = 150,000 points — I booked Conrad Maldives x 5 nights then 1 empty night, then 3 nights in Dubai with the hope that this kind of itinerary will work. Total used: 350,000
3) Hilton Bentley South Beach Miami: 4 nights for 145,000 points using the Amex AXON rewards. Total used: 495,000
4) Waldorf Park City: This hotel is around $800 per night normally, or 60,000 Hilton points for 1-3 nights. Great place to go skiing. This is going to category 9 after the change. I booked 4 nights x 51,000 points for a total 204k points. Total used: 699,000
5) Conrad Koh Samui Thailand: 4 nights x 42,500 = 170,000. Total used: 869,000
6) Conrad Tokyo: 2 nights x 50,000 = 100,000. Total used: 969,000.
Not quite a million, but I have a few points left. I'm pretty sure I will be canceling some of these, especially Thailand and Tokyo. I have spent waaay more time planning this out than I'd like to admit but yes, it is a nice problem to have. I've booked as many reservations as I could before both the Hilton and SPG devaluations and Im glad its over and I can stop thinking about it.