Lyft has formed an alliance with Didi Kuaidi, Uber's China enemy.
Soon you'll be able to hail a Didi car in China using your Lyft app and Didi's customers can call a Lyft in the US.
Lyft Expands Into China
While Lyft's biggest competitor, Uber, offers service in 60 countries, Lyft scrapped its plans to expand globally in favor of focusing on the U.S. Market. This alliance will expand Lyft's service area to China which would otherwise require a large time and dollar investment – a wise strategy in my opinion. Will we see similar partnerships in other countries? I'm looking forward to the time when Lyft expands to Europe.
Last year when I was in Singapore for the first time, I took several Uber rides to get around the city. It was incredibly convenient and inexpensive. In addition, I didn't have to worry about figuring out how to call a cab, making sure I had enough local currency or trying to figure out if they will accept credit card. While I have no current plans to visit China, this will no doubt be a big benefit to the many US and Chinese visitors traveling to each other's country.
LYFT FREE RIDE
Get a free $20 ride credit if you are a new Lyft customer. Some cities also have additional bonuses such as 10 free $10 rides, however, these bonuses are changing often. If you use my referral link, we'll both get a free ride, so many thanks in advance!
UP TO $750 – $1,000 NEW DRIVER BONUSES
New drivers can get large bonuses up to $750 and even $1000 in certain cities. Lyft also recently launched in Las Vegas and is offering new drivers bonuses of $500.
- Wired: Uber’s Chinese Rival and Lyft Find Love in a Hopeless Place
- Mashable: Uber's enemies unite: its top American rival teams up with its biggest China rival
- USA Today: Lyft teams up with Uber's No. 1 rival in China, Didi Kuaidi
- Forbes: The Anti-Uber Alliance: Uber's Chinese Rival Didi Kuaidi Teams Up With Lyft
- WSJ: Uber’s Chinese Rival Didi Kuaidi Quietly Backs Its U.S. Rival Lyft
- Venturebeat: Uber’s China rival Didi Kuaidi rebrands, reportedly invests in Lyft
Leave a Reply