Now through Friday, you can get Skyteam Elite status for 1 year if you have status at just about any airline or hotel chain. You get free instant Hilton Platinum status with certain credit cards. Aerolíneas Argentinas is offering a status match which expires Friday night Dec 21. Later, apply your status to any Skyteam airlines like Delta (in the US) or many others internationally, and get elite benefits below for the next year. I just submitted my Hilton Diamond status.
Here's how you can get Hilton Diamond Status easily – get the Aspire Credit Card.
How to Get Skyteam Elite Status Match
EXPIRES Friday December 21 at 23:59 (Argentina time).
- Create an Aerolineas Plus account if you don't have one.
- Send an email email@example.com with the below items and the subject “Desafío Status Match”
- Aerolíneas Plus member number
- Full name, surname and email address
- Copy of the last statement or membership card. Your name and expiration date must show and must not be less than 3 months from when you send the request. (This Hilton digital membership card alone doesn't show an expiration date, so I included a screen shot from the website though it also doesn't show the expiration date).
- If you are approved, you should get an email confirmation.
Which Airline and Hotel Status can I use?
It looks like just about any airline or hotel chain.
- Lifemiles / Avianca
- American Airlines
- British Airways
See the last sentence where they say just about any airline or hotel chain will do:
The airlines and hotel chains participating in the challenge are: Latampass de Latam, Smiles de Gol, LifeMiles de Avianca, Iberia Plus of Iberia, MileagePlus of United, Aadvatange of American Airlines, Executive Club of British Airways, Hilton Honors de Hilton. This list is not exhaustive and any other airline or hotel chain sent by the applicant will be subject to approval by Aerolíneas Plus.
What do I submit as proof of my status?
If you got the American Express Hilton Aspire Credit Card you should get an email with something like this. It seems to be the only thing that states your name, status, and expiration date. If not, most people will probably have to send a screen shot from their Hilton profile which doesn't show an expiration date.
What are the Skyteam Elite Status benefits?
There are two options – you may be upgraded to Gold or Platinum which equates to Elite or Elite Plus. See the Skyteam website for more details.
- Aerolíneas Argentinas Gold = Skyteam Elite
- You'll get extra baggage allowance, priority check-in, seating, boarding, and standby.
- Aerolíneas Argentinas Platinum = Skyteam Elite Plus
- You'll get all the above plus lounge access (the rest of the additional perks don't seem worth much)
H/T and more info: Flyertalk