Updated on October 26, 2017
Disclosure: This post was a sponsored opportunity from Sprint, however, all content and opinions written here are my own.
Free Round Trip Flight With New Sprint Account
UPDATE: The new offer is now up to 30,000 miles!
Sprint recently introduced an offer to hook frequent travelers. Get a new Sprint cell phone account and you'll get up to 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles. That's 20,000 AAdvantage® miles for the new account. Then an extra 5,000 miles issued over 12 months, but be careful as you can't combine this extra bonus if you have an employee/student discount (you'll lose your discount if you go for the miles offer).
Now, 25k miles is enough for a domestic round trip coach flight, or a one-way business class seat. That might be good enough for some people. This becomes a much better deal if you have a family plan and are able to take advantage of their other offers:
- Up to 25k miles – free domestic round trip flight
- Switch To Sprint, Get $400 Visa® Prepaid Card
- iPhone 7 – Lease One Get One Free
- Unlimited for $22.50/month/line (5th line free)
Let's go through these one at a time:
1. 25,000 miles offer
- Link: Up to 25,000 AAdvantage® miles with New Sprint Account
- Expires: 12/31/2017
- Mile Offer:
- Get 20,000 miles when you open at least 1 new cell phone acct with Sprint
- Get 5,004 miles (“Monthly Miles”) after staying with sprint for 12 months (you'll get ongoing miles every month — 417 miles x 12 months = 5,004 miles. Note: This cannot be combined with a SDP discount (for example: employee, student, etc discounts).
For example, lets say I wanted to fly NYC to Los Angeles in December. A quick search on AA.com shows there are plenty of available one-way economy MileSAAver seats available (bright green) for 12.5k miles each. The return flights also cost 12.5k.
Maybe you want to splurge for business class? There are a couple options available, although in this case, none of them are direct (except for Dec 11, but that one costs 32.5k instead of 25k).
2. Switch To Sprint, Get $400 Visa® Prepaid Card
This is for the family plans out there. If you are switching with 3+ new lines to the unlimited plan, you can get a $400 Visa prepaid gift card.
3. iPhone 7 – Lease One Get One Free
Time to upgrade your old phone? I won't start a debate here what is better, iPhone or Android. If you're looking for an iPhone 7, you can get 2 for the price of 1. Sign up for an 18 month lease for $27.09/month and you'll a second one for free. The credit will come in monthly to offset the lease fee for the 2nd line. This works for 2 new lines or 1 new line and one upgrade as well.
4. Unlimited for $22.50/month/line
Sprint's Unlimited plan costs $22.50/month for 4 lines and the 5th line is free. This also includes HD1080 video and 10GB of Hotspot. These prices last up until 6/30/18. After 6/30/18, the prices go up for the first two lines: Line 1 goes up to $60/month and line 2 goes up to $40/month. Lines 3-5 will then be $30/month. Keep in mind that Sprint will slow certain data services after you hit 23GB/month. Streaming videos and music will happen at 1.5mbps and gaming will be at 8mbps. With all this, you may not even need to keep your home internet service.