***UPDATE: THE PRICE DROPPED TODAY TO $443 if you fly from Newark (EWR) and $463 from LGA.
If you booked already yesterday, you can cancel until midnight tonight.
Here is Delta's cancel policy:
Cancellation request must be made by midnight of the day after the eTicket is purchased or midnight of the departure date of the first flight, whichever comes first. Available only for eTickets purchased at the time of reservation through Delta ticket offices and airport ticket counters, Reservation Sales, or at delta.com.
I've been watching fares from NYC to Lima Peru (LIM) for about a year as I wanted to visit over thanksgiving.
Travelzoo sent an alert this morning about fares for
$483 in jan / feb / mar / apr 2014.
After checking it out, these fares are also available in Nov and Dec (good for thanksgiving but not available for Christmas or New Years. So many dates available November 2013 to April 2014.
At this price, I except these to sell quickly. At least the preferred dates/holidays. Delta has a 24 hour cancel policy (can be cancelled online) so hurry up and book now, and cancel tomorrow if you have to if the schedule
I booked mine over the thanksgiving holiday.
Want to book it?
1) use itasoftware to search for flights (you can't buy them here just search)
2) go to Www.delta.com to book it.
3) if you have a platinum Starwood account, sign up for crossover rewards. Platinum spg members get 1 spg point for every $1 spent at delta.
4) I used my Starwood Amex to book this, I will get 1 more spg starpoint for each dollar spent. I typically get at least 3 cents per point value when booking hotels. If you don't have one, sign up before sept 3 for the 30k bonus point offer. Click here to see my post on that.
5) There are 2 new spg hotels in Peru, one in Cuzco (luxury collection) and one in Lima, in addition to several others there too. Go to www.spg.com to check them out.
Couple notes about the routing.
- These are all 1 stop
- Departing flights from LGA (mostly) And some JFK around noon
- Return flights are departing at 1:45 am (red eye)