Updated on February 19, 2016
What a week it’s been!
In case you missed it, here’s a recap of what’s been published during my feature week so far:
- Ireland & Poland – 15 Day Trip Report – I spent more time writing this extensive trip report than actual “vacation” time. The most popular mini-reports: Aer Lingus NEW Business Class review and JFK Aer Lingus Lounge review
- AwardWallet Plus Upgrades – This went fast, too fast… and only a few had the decency to post that the code was used. I wish there was a better way to give these away with and mark them as used faster.
- $350 Giveaway & Top 5 Credit Cards – I like to have a giveaway at least once a year. The $200 AA e-gift certificates I gave away in 2014 was a big hit. This year, I am giving away $200 AA e-gift certificates AND $150 in Cathay vouchers.
- Free Credit Scores – I got ripped apart! The intent of the post was to point out the following:
- signing up for CreditKarma and Credit.com accounts will give you free credit scores that are generated based on data from all 3 bureaus
- I tend to refresh my scores right before applying for credit cards to get a sense of approval or rejection.
- Some readers argued that these CreditKarma and Credit.com FAKO sores are not indicative of your true FICO scores – have a read at the comments and make sure to grab some popcorn!
- 200,000 Amex MR pts – Shared how I scored 200k Amex MR pts from 2 credit card signups. Jack’s comment “Guess what I’ll be doing tonight! Dumpster diving baby!” made me LOL.
- Amex SPG 25k After $3k Spend – slightly superior offer vs. the affiliate offers (that require $5k spend)
- Drizly $5 or $20 Off – alcohol delivered in under an hour (while you wait for your doordash delivery)
- Shyp $10 Credit – shipping something is no longer a pain in the neck
- DoorDash $5 Credit – new competitor for seamless, delivery.com, grubhub
- Lyft Credits – New & Existing Users YMMV – $50 – $100 in Lyft credits, big YMMV
- VIA $5 Credit – coverage extended all the way down to Houston St