Via CandianKilometers, there is a huge fare mistake going on right now.
SORRY, YOU MISSED THIS!
Book an award ticket to anywhere for the price of a domestic round trip. This won't last long! Looks like a mistake/glitch to me.
UPDATE: This appears to be dead. They have removed the Multi-City option from the website.
How to book it:
- Go to www.Aeroplan.com to search for your flights
Multi-City(UPDATE: looks like the Multi-City option has been removed to prevent you from booking an award flight). Your first city should be a domestic city (you will just connect here). The second city should be your international destination. The third city would be your home city.
- The total number of points required will appear as full price but the actual lower price should appear during the checkout.
You will need at least 50% of the Aeroplan miles in your account to be able to go to the checkout screen. I don't currently have any Aeroplan miles but can transfer them in from American Express Membership Rewards (should be instant). The reason I haven't done so yet is that if I don't book something, the miles will be stuck there. This is not so bad because its like having United miles but I would like to see the final price before I transfer it. Also, this may not be honored by the airline.
- Toronto (YYL) – Montreal (YUL) – Paris (CDG) – Toronto (YYZ) = shows up as 50k miles but only charges you the domestic price (I believe 25k miles but waiting for screen shots as proof and the actual final amount) (posted by CanadianKilometers)
- First Class: SFO-LAX-SCL-SFO. Priced at 50k miles (someone posted this in the comments on ViewFromTheWing)
I'm searching for some flights that will work for me. Stay tuned.
See additional information here:
- ViewFromTheWing: HUGE Aeroplan Award Pricing “Sale” BOOK NOW! GO!
- OneMileAtATime: Booking Aeroplan Awards Without Fuel Surcharges
Note: If you click some links on this site, TheRewardBoss may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. By doing so, you help support my project and allow me to continue providing you with more rewarding information. I research, travel, and write my opinions regardless of whether there is a commission available. You don’t have to use my links, but I appreciate when you do. Thank you for your support!
Want to see how I earn enough points and miles to travel for free? Read this first. Be one of the 10s of 10s of people who subscribe to receive email updates whenever I post a new article. Enter your email address in the top left corner of the site (mobile users scroll down) and that’s it. Cancel anytime. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or RSS feed.
I do like to recieve your new posts from now. Thanks!