Updated on August 24, 2015
75,000 Amex Business Gold & 100k Business Platinum Sign Up Bonuses!
UPDATE: Many people have not been able to get this to work so, even though the offer loads for everyone, it appears to be targeted and won't likely allow you to apply. I contacted American Express several more times in the past few days and they were not able to give me the 75,000 sign up bonus.
75,000 POINT BONUS
American Express is offering a 75,000 point sign up bonus for the Business Gold Rewards Card after $5,000 spend in 3 months! It was offered a few months ago but it required luck and lots of clicking. The annual Fee is $175 (waived the first year). The offer expires June 30, 2015.
100,000 POINT BONUS (targeted?)
Update: There is a better offer available – 100,000 sign up bonus after $3,000 spend. See my post for more details to find out if you are eligible.
When I tried to apply online I got an error message that the system was down and to call 1-800-519-OPEN (6736) if I wanted to apply. They said the system was having problems and should be working tomorrow morning. I asked if I could apply for this offer – she took my name and address to check what offers were available. Surprisingly, the first one she offered me was the Business Platinum 100,000 points after $10k spend (which I already have). She also offered me the Business Gold 75,000 points after $10k spend or 50,000 points after 5k (clearly not as good as 75,000 points after $5k). I believe the 100,000 bonus offer is targeted as I have not yet found a link.
LINKS TO APPLY
- 75,000 Points after $5k – Business Gold Reward Card [expires June 30, 2015]
- 100,000 Points after $3k – Platinum – see the detailed post
- 100,000 Points after $10k – Business Platinum [Targeted/no link yet: call 1-800-519-OPEN (6736) to see if you are eligible]
WHY YOU SHOULD GET IT
- Amex Membership Reward Points are very valuable! They can be transferred to these partners: Delta, AeroMexico, Air Canada, Air France, KLM, Alitalia, ANA, Asia Miles, British Airways, El Al, Emirates, Frontier, Hawaiian, Iberia, JetBlue, Singapore Airlines, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic
- My favorite use is to transfer my Amex points to Avios when there is a big 40% transfer bonus then use those points for short flights. Try this tool to see where you can go and how many Avios it costs.
[…] Via the Reward Boss, there’s an offer of 75,000 points after $5,000 spend within 3 months. There’s a $0 fee the first year, then $175. […]