Updated on January 21, 2015
3 Free Rides in NYC (up to $25 each) in the next 15 days + 1 Free Ride (up to $25)
How does it work? Watch this youtube video
Lyft, is a new ride sharing service and competitor to Uber (which I wrote about here).
UPDATE 9/24/14: Thanks to John for reporting that he and a friend signed up in New York City and got 3 Free Rides + 1 free ride in New York City. The 3 Free Rides expire 15 days after you sign up while the 1 free ride does not have an expiration date. Each free ride is up to $25. I'm trying to confirm when this ends but these promos usually last a couple of weeks. After that you will get 1 free ride up to $25. Pioneer City credit is only valid for rides within the New York City coverage area, up to $25 per ride. They did a similar promotion when they launched in 24 other markets.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
- Click here to sign up for the 3 FREE RIDES to use in 15 days + 1 FREE RIDE. (New customers will get 1 Free Ride up to $25, which expires 10/31/14)
- Want to Drive?: Click here to get a $100 bonus ($500 for UBER or TLC NYC drivers) when you become a Lyft driver
- Download the mobile app (but do it when you are in NYC!)
- Sign up then click in the settings –> payment –> scroll to the bottom below your credit card info. You should see “3 free rides, up to $25 each” and under that you should see “1 free ride, up to $25”. If the credits don't show up in the app on their own, go to the Payment screen and enter the code PIONEERLYFT before requesting your first Lyft!
- For more Lyft coupon promo codes, visit borntocoupon.com
If your credits don't show up, enter the code PIONEERLYFT here:
CAN I REFER A FRIEND?
Yes, you will get a referral link in your email after you sign up. Give it to your friends and they will get $25 credit towards your first ride. You will also get $25 credit. This link explains it.
WHERE IS IT AVAILABLE ?
It's official: Lyft is now live in all five boroughs of NYC!
IS IT SAFE ? HOW IS IT DIFFERENT ?
This chart explains how Lyft compares vs Taxi's, gypsy cabs/black cars and craigslist (though I would never bother with craigslist for a ride):
Note: If you click some links on this site, TheRewardBoss may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. By doing so, you help support my project and allow me to continue providing you with more rewarding information. I research, travel, and write my opinions regardless of whether there is a commission available. You don’t have to use my links, but I appreciate when you do. Thank you for your support!
Want to see how I earn enough points and miles to travel for free? Read this first. Be one of the 10s of 10s of people who subscribe to receive email updates whenever I post a new article. Enter your email address in the top left corner of the site (mobile users scroll down) and that’s it. Cancel anytime. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or RSS feed.
Leave a Reply