Lyft launches in Philadelphia… offers
20 10 Free Rides ($20 each)!
Similar to other Pioneer city launches (NYC, Chicago, Boston), Lyft is giving away
20 10 free rides to get people to sign up. Hopefully there will be enough drivers! Starting Friday, January 30, 2015, at 6pm, Lyft will begin service in Philadelphia! Who needs a ride to Geno's for a cheesesteak?
*Update 3/5/15: This has EXPIRED.
*Update 2/22/15: Lyft revised their promotion to 10 free rides (instead of 20). Now its the same as the 10 free rides they are giving in other cities.
Sign up with Promo Code: PHILLYLOVE
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
- Click here to sign up (ignore the $20 message, Lyft never puts their big free ride promos on this screen)
- Download the mobile app (do it when you are in Philadelphia to make sure it works!)
- Sign up then click in the settings –> payment –> scroll to the bottom below your credit card info. You should see your 20 free rides in the app. If not, go to the Payment screen and enter the code PHILLYLOVE before requesting your first Lyft! I will receive referral credit if you use my links. Many thanks in advance if you do!
Expiration Dates? You will probably have 2 weeks to use up your free rides after you sign up (based on the screen shot below)
How much? After your free rides, Lyft rides in Philadelphia will be $1.05 per mile and 20 cents per minute with a $5 minimum fare, according to this article.
You should receive a text from LYFT confirming the details. Here's the message that people received when the Pioneer promotion was offered in Chicago (note the promotion was different there) – (if you have the screen shot for Philly please shoot me a message).
If your credits do not show up, enter the code PHILLYLOVE here:
CAN I REFER A FRIEND?
Yes, give your code to your friends and you both will get Lyft credit. This link explains the details it.
- Ride-share service Lyft to launch in Philadelphia Friday
- Lyft gets Pennsylvania regulatory nod, not Philly
Note: If you click some links on this site, TheRewardBoss may receive a commission at no added cost to you. By doing so, you help support my project and allow me to continue providing you with more rewarding information. I research, travel, and write my opinions regardless of whether there is a commission available. You don’t have to use my links, but I appreciate when you do. Thank you for your support!