Updated on January 15, 2019
Via, a smaller competitor to Uber and Lyft, just launched in Washington DC and is offering $20 bonus promo credit when you sign up and take your first ride by Friday August 5th! ONE WEEK ONLY! And rides are just $2.15 (that's the same price as the Metrorail).
Via started out in New York City with it's $5 shares rides and also launched in Chicago with $3.95 rides. Via's growth in the face of intense competition has surprised me. After interviewing many drivers, they are loving Via and many hating Uber and Lyft. There is clearly a benefit to having steady income instead of chasing fares all the time!
$20 FREE RIDE CREDIT PROMO CODE
Expired – the code is now worth $10.
- Download the free app: App Store or Google Play
- When you sign up, enter promo code JEFFREY5T8 Now worth $10!! (DONT ENTER THE CODE UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO USE IT SO IT DOESN'T EXPIRE)– if you miss the option, you can add it later: just click MENU –> PROMO CODES. This is a referral code. Thank you if you sign up with this code – feel free to post yours in the comments below.
- Take your first ride by August 5!
POST YOUR REFERRAL CODE
You are welcome to list your referral link below if you follow the steps.
- Tweet with a link to this post and include my twitter name @TheRewardBoss
- Post your referral code in the comment and include your twitter name
VIA vs COMPETITION
Via is a little different than it's bigger competitors. Unlike Lyft and Uber, there is no option for a private ride. Via is essentially a shuttle that usually takes local roads picking up people and dropping them off along the way.
NEW DRIVER BONUS
New driver bonuses are available only to the first 100 drivers in the district, though they haven't given details on the bonus amount yet. If you apply please let me know.
- To apply, click here and select WASHINGTON DC.
- Enter your information.
For only $2.15, you can get a ride in DC!
All rides in D.C. are just $2.15 and are tax free. Extra riders in your party ride at just $1 per passenger. After your first 5 rides, there will be an additional $1 fee per ride when riding without pre-purchased ride credit. Cancellations and No Shows will be assessed a $2 fee.
USE PRE-TAX DOLLARS
There is no tax added to the rides AND you can use pre-tax dollars. Via takes several different payment methods including TransitCheck, Commuter Check, Beniversal, WageWorks, and eTRAC.
If you are in a rush or easily get annoyed by other people, Via may not be the best idea. There might be many stops along the way – just like taking a train or bus!
Note: If you click some links on this site, TheRewardBoss may receive a commission at no added cost to you. By doing so, you help support my project and allow me to continue providing you with more rewarding information. I research, travel, and write my opinions regardless of whether there is a commission available. You don’t have to use my links, but I appreciate when you do. Thank you for your support!