Updated on February 1, 2019
It's back! New people are reporting being targeted for the Amex Platinum 100k offer. You can check if you are targeted using the the CardMatch Tool.
CHECK IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
- Use the CardMatch Tool to find out if you are eligible for this HOT offer
- This is NOT a hard pull on your credit report
I was thrilled when I was able to apply for the Platinum 100,000 bonus offer earlier this year and that was with a big $10,000 spend. This offer is MUCH BETTER with only a $3,000 spend! And MUCH MUCH better than the usual bonus offer that's offered every day. Did it work for you?
- Get 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $3,000 in 3 months
- Annual Fee $450 (big, but you get a lot of benefits)
WHY GET IT?
- Amex Membership Reward Points are very valuable! They can be transferred to these partners: Delta, AeroMexico, Air Canada, Air France, KLM, Alitalia, ANA, Asia Miles, British Airways, El Al, Emirates, Frontier, Hawaiian, Iberia, JetBlue, Singapore Airlines, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic
- My favorite use is to transfer my Amex points to Avios when there is a big 40% transfer bonus then use those points for short flights. Try this tool to see where you can go and how many Avios it costs. For example, NYC to Montreal is only 4,500 while NYC to Florida is only 7,500 Avios (one way).
- $200 airline fee credit per calendar year (you can get it this year and again starting January during your first year which offsets most of the annual fee
- Centurion Lounge access – Unlimited access for you and immediate family or up to 2 companions. Available in Dallas/Fort-Worth (DFW), Las Vegas (LAS), New York Laguardia (LGA), Miami (MIA), Seattle-Tacoma (SEA), San Francisco (SFO).
- Delta Lounge access when flying on Delta that same day (see FAQ)
- Priority Pass membership – includes unlimited lounge visits for you (guests cost $27) at over 600 international and domestic lounges in 100 countries (Sign up here as Amex did not provide the information to me when I received the card)
- No foreign transaction fees
CHECK YOUR APPLICATION STATUS
If you do not get approved instantly, you can quickly check your application status online. The same link will also show you the cards you recently applied for.