Updated on November 23, 2015
$1000 Bonus For New Lyft Drivers ($500 in NYC) – FOR ONE WEEK ONLY!
Update: 8/20/15: $1000 Bonus for new drivers in Boston!
Update: 6/1/15: Lyft new driver bonus now up to $750
UPDATE: 2/27/14: THE PROMOTION FOR ALL THE CITIES BELOW IS VALID FOR ANYONE WHO APPLIED BEFORE 3pm EST FEBRUARY 27, 2015! FOR ANYONE APPLYING AFTER 3PM EST on FEBRUARY 27, LYFT REDUCED THE NUMBER OF CITIES AND EXTENDED THE DEADLINE FOR THE FIRST RIDE TO 11:59 p.m. LOCAL TIME, SUNDAY, MARCH 8. Click here for the updated details.
Lyft is offering huge bonuses for new drivers for 1 week only ($1,000 or $500)! Looks like they signed up so many passengers with their recent free ride promotion and now they desperately need more drivers to meet demand. If I only had a car I would sign up right now! If you sign up, and successfully finish all the steps in time, we will each get a $1000 bonus. It sounds too good to be true but according to this Lyft page, this is the real thing.
- Apply using this link starting today Feb 26, 2015
- Complete your first ride (just 1 ride!) on or before March 5, 2015 (March 2 for NYC) (usually they require a lot more rides to get the bonus)
- Enter the promo code below for your city (you can also use the code BENJAMINS which will only get you the bonus, I will not get anything). Thanks in advance if you use the links!
- Drivers who get an email can do 30 rides by March 1 at 8pm will receive a $500 bonus in Boston or NYC and in $300 in Chicago, Denver, Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, Nashville, Washington DC, Philadelphia. See more here.
*Note – Lyft's background check, photos, and mentoring session takes a few days so you would need to sign up and go through Lyft's process as soon as possible to have enough time to take your first ride and get the bonus.
|Philadelphia||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|Boston||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|Chicago||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|Washington DC||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|Denver||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|Seattle||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|Atlanta||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|Austin||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|Dallas||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|San Diego||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|San Jose||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|Miami||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|Nashville||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|San Francisco||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|Los Angeles||$1,000 New Driver Bonus||Link|
|New York City*||$500 New Driver Bonus||Link|
*New York City includes all of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island. Here is Lyft's coverage map for NYC.
HOW TO APPLY
- Click here to apply or use a link for your city in the table above. I checked with Lyft and they said passenger referral codes will not get you the bonus, unfortunately.
- Make sure you give your first ride by March 5, 2015 to collect your bonus
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS (More Q&A is being updated/added here)
Is this real?
Check out this Lyft page.
Q: How are taxes handled?
A: Lyft will issue you a 1099. Make sure you figure how much the taxes will be before spending it all.
Q: What are the requirements for enrolling as a Lyft driver?
A: From Lyft's website.
- Be at least 21 years old
- 4 door car with at least 5 seatbelts (including driver's)
- Vehicle from year 2003 or newer (More details on car requirements). Note: In our Seattle, Washington, D.C., and Minneapolis-St. Paul regions, government regulations require cars to be no older than 10 years. Newer markets may also be subject to a 10 year car requirement.
- Be licensed to drive for at least a year prior to applying (More details on driving history requirements)
- In-state insurance with your name on the policy
- In-state license
- In-state plates with a current registration (commercial plates are acceptable as well)
- Clean driving record
- An iOS or Android smartphone that meets the minimum requirements to run the latest version of the app.
Some of our markets have specific requirements in order to comply with local government. You can learn more about those region-specific requirements here.
To view more about our safety requirements, please visit lyft.com/safety.
Q: How does the welcome ride work?
Read the details on Lyft's website.
Q: What is the process for new driver enrollment?
See the requirements above.
Q: I still have more questions.
Click here: https://www.lyft.com/help/contact/applicant
Note: If you click some links on this site, TheRewardBoss may receive a commission at no added cost to you. By doing so, you help support my project and allow me to continue providing you with more rewarding information. I research, travel, and write my opinions regardless of whether there is a commission available. You don’t have to use my links, but I appreciate when you do. Thank you for your support!