Updated on September 28, 2015
**UPDATE 2/7/15: Lyft's launches new 10 Free Ride Promotion. Click here to get the details.
*UPDATE: This offer has EXPIRED.
For more Lyft coupon promo codes, visit borntocoupon.com
How does it work? Watch this youtube video
Lyft, is a new ride sharing service and competitor to Uber (which I wrote about here).
Join now to be part of their PIONEER PROGRAM and GET 10 FREE RIDES IN CHICAGO + BOSTON. I'm trying to confirm when this ends but it should be a few weeks from now. After that you will get 1 free ride up to $25. Pioneer credit is only valid for rides within the Chicago (link) and Boston (link) coverage area, up to $25 per ride. They did a similar promotion when they launched in 24 other markets which I wrote about here. I have been using Lyft many times and the drivers are super friendly!
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Click here to sign up for the 10 FREE RIDES(new customers only) [OFFER HAS EXPIRED]
- Download the mobile app (do it when you are in Chicago or Boston to make sure it works!)
- Sign up then click in the settings –> payment –> scroll to the bottom below your credit card info. You should see “1 free ride, up to $25”. If the credit don't show up in the app on their own, go to the Payment screen and enter the code
CHICAGO10FREEbefore requesting your first Lyft!
Here's the text you will receive in Chicago (on an Android phone). Thank you Patti from TheTravelSisters.com for the Chicago screen shot below. I'm waiting for a screen shot from friends in Boston (if you have a screen shot to share, please shoot me a message).
If your credits don't show up, enter the code CHICAGO10FREE here:
CAN I REFER A FRIEND?
Yes, you will get a referral link in your email after you sign up. Give it to your friends and they will get $25 credit towards your first ride. You will also get $25 credit. This link explains it.
WHERE IS IT AVAILABLE ?
- Arizona: Phoenix, Tucson
- California: Bakersfield, Fresno, Inland Empire, Los Angeles, Modesto, Napa and Sonoma County, Orange County, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Silicon Valley, Stockton
- Colorado: Denver, Colorado Springs
- Connecticut: Fairfield County
- District of Columbia: Washington D.C.
- Florida: Miami, Orlando, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville
- Georgia: Atlanta
- Hawaii: Honolulu
- Illinois: Chicago
- Indiana: Indianapolis
- Kentucky: Lexington, Louisville
- Maryland: Baltimore
- Massachusetts: Boston
- Michigan: Detroit, Ann Arbor
- Minnesota: Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Missouri: St. Louis, Kansas City
- Nebraska: Lincoln, Omaha
- New Jersey: The entire east part of NJ
- New Mexico: Albuquerque
- New York: New York City
- North Carolina: Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham
- Ohio: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo
- Oklahoma: Oklahoma City, Tulsa
- Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh
- Rhode Island: Providence
- Tennessee: Nashville, Memphis
- Texas: Austin, Dallas Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi
- Utah: Salt Lake City
- Virginia: Virginia Beach (Hampton Roads)
- Washington: Seattle, Spokane
- Wisconsin: Madison, Milwaukee
IS IT SAFE ? HOW IS IT DIFFERENT ?
This chart explains how Lyft compares vs Taxi's, gypsy cabs/black cars and craigslist (though I would never bother with craigslist for a ride). It is for NYC, but I think the information is relevant for other cities (or until I find a new chart for the other cities).
Note: If you click some links on this site, TheRewardBoss may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. By doing so, you help support my project and allow me to continue providing you with more rewarding information. I research, travel, and write my opinions regardless of whether there is a commission available. You don’t have to use my links, but I appreciate when you do. Thank you for your support!
Want to see how I earn enough points and miles to travel for free? Read this first. Be one of the 10s of 10s of people who subscribe to receive email updates whenever I post a new article. Enter your email address in the top left corner of the site (mobile users scroll down) and that’s it. Cancel anytime. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or RSS feed.
Thanks for the link. I live in Chicago so just signed up. See you at Bacon.