Via Expands $5 NYC Rides: 110TH – Canal St.
Via keeps expanding their $5 ride coverage area in Manhattan. For just $5, you can now get a ride anywhere between 110th St and Canal St! Not too long ago, on July 28th, Via announced an expansion to Houston St. Maybe the rest of downtown is coming this fall? Still have not heard of Via? They are a smaller competitor to Lyft Line, Uber Pool, and Gett, in New York City. Via only provides shared rides, not private rides.
NEW DRIVER BONUS: Up to $1,300 bonus for new New York City drivers, higher than the current Lyft $500 bonus. Details below.
$10 FREE RIDE CREDIT
- New customers need to download the free app from Apple’s App Store or Google Play
- When you sign up, grab a promo code here and enter it in the app – if you miss the option, you can add it later: just click MENU –> PROMO CODES. We will both get $10 credit if you use my referral code. Many thanks if you use my code!
VIA vs THE COMPETITION
Getting around Manhattan just keeps getting cheaper and easier. We are lucky to have all these competitors fighting for our business!
- Via $5 Rides: 110th St to Canal St. (only from 6:30am to 9pm)
- Lyft Line $5 Rides: South of 97th St. (promotion is still running)
- Uber Pool $10 Rides: South of 96th St. (promotion is still running)
- Gett $10 (Private) Rides: South of 110th St.
$1,300 NEW DRIVER BONUS
Not to be outdone by Lyft’s big bonuses of $500, $750, $1000, Via is now offering up to $1300 for new drivers in New York City (must be TLC licensed). Bigger vehicles are better but they also want you if you have a car on their list of acceptable vehicles. It is a tiered bonus, so you get pieces of the bonus as you complete the required hours.
- To apply visit drivewithvia.com and click “Apply Now”.
- For the question “How did you hear about Via?” select JEFF200 in the dropdown to qualify for the bonus.
- Complete the rest of the application.
The expanded service area is from 110th street down to Canal St. (previously Houston St). Just 5 bucks to hitch a ride in the entire coverage area is a bargain and matches Lyft’s $5 promotion. I hope they expand all the way south soon.
USE PRE-TAX DOLLARS
You can use pre-tax dollars to pay for your Via rides. This gives Via and advantage over the competition because you end up saving even more money! Via accepts Commuter Check, TransitCheck, WageWorks, eTRAC, and Beniversal.
REFER A FRIEND CONTEST
Whoever refers the most people by midnight on Sunday, 8/30/15 will win $50 in ride credit. The next two runners up will get $10 ride credit. Sign up and refer some friends.