Here are the Top 5 Credit Cards for Travel Rewards!
Every month when I publish my Top 5 Credit Card Deals for Travel Rewards, I scour the web for the best offers. These are the offers my I’m signing up for myself or suggesting to friends and family.
2014 year started out with some incredible credit card offers up to 100k miles. The excitement lasted more than half a year, but those offers are gone. If you have big spend coming up soon, I would still suggest the credit cards below. If you don’t have any big expenses coming up, check out #1 below, or I would advise you to wait for better offers.
Soon I will be heading to the Maldives, Vietnam, Singapore which cost me 120k miles per person in Business Class. The cash cost would be about $10,000 per person (who spends that kind of money on flights??). Anyone can do the same.
If none of these cards are what you’re looking for, check out the credit card offer directory and tools here.
THE TOP 5
1) Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard®
Links to Apply
- Direct Link
- My affiliate link: this takes a few seconds extra to click through my link “Airline and Frequent Flyer Credit Card Offers”, thank you in advance if you use this!!
Bonus: After spending $5,000 in 90 days you receive 50,000 miles (worth up to $4,200 if used for 3 free 1st class 1-way domestic flights)
Annual Fee: $79 (not waived unless you are a Senator or HON member)
ITS BACK! This was last offered in June 2014 and Oct 2013. It was so popular the first time that they shut it down after a couple days. Now its back again (see my original post here). Expires November 30, 2014!
Why you should get it:
- My favorite part – I can book 3 one way First Class/BusinessFirst Class domestic tickets!
- US domestic First Class/BusinessFirst Class tickets are only 35,000 miles round trip or 17,000 miles one way. Yes, you can save 1,000 miles if you book 2 one way tickets instead of a round trip, strangely.
- Get a round trip flight from US to Hawaii, Europe or the Caribbean (Europe is often 60k miles on United during peak season, but only 50k here)
- US domestic round trip tickets are 25,000 miles, same as on United and many other airlines (if you don’t use them for the 1st class tickets, you won’t get stuck with them)
- Lufthansa gives you access to their reward seats much sooner than if you try using United miles (with United you have to wait until about 2 weeks before departure for Lufthansa reward seats)
- Check out United’s 180 degree lie flat seats here
- After keeping the card for 1 year, you get a free companion ticket (of course, after you pay the annual fee) (link for details)
2) Chase Ink Plus Business Credit Card
Links to Apply: Apply online now (you no longer have to go into a branch)
- Direct Link
- My affiliate link: Takes you to my business card post which contains an affiliate link. It’s an extra step- thank you if you use the link there to sign up!
Bonus: After spending $5,000 in 3 months you receive 50,000 Ultimate Reward Points (which are worth at least $700 if you redeem them for United Miles).
Annual Fee: $0 first year, then $95
Why you should get it:
- This offer was recently 70k (first yr annual fee not waived) and 60k (first yr annual fee waived). 50k miles is still good but not as good.
- The #1 reason: Ultimate Reward Points transfer to United 1:1 – so 50,000 Ultimate Reward Points = 50,000 United Miles. After you spend the required $5k, you will have a total of 55,000 points which is worth 2 domestic round trip tickets (worth approx $700+)
- Read my more detailed post here
- 5 points per dollar spent at office supply stores, cell phone, landline, internet and cable services
- Free Lounge Club Membership – including 2 visits to airport lounges free. Click here to sign up for free (for some reason, Chase does not provide this info to you unless know to ask). The invitation code is “CHASEINK”.
Read the rest of this entry »