Updated on July 25, 2022
EXPIRED: This offer has expired and is now offering 3 free nights instead!
Five Free Marriott hotel nights up to 50k each with a $5k spend required along with a $95 annual fee? That's the welcome bonus on Chase's new offer for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa. I was sold at 5 free nights which is a total value of up to 250,000 Marriott points! That's Chase's new 5 free night offer. Together with the new option to use points to Top Off an award redemption, that should mean we can redeem nights up to 65,000 per night by using the 50k free night certificate + add 15k points. If you currently have or have had Marriott related credit card bonuses, read the restrictions and examples below carefully. I will post results of friends applying as soon as I have some results.
Disclosure: TheRewardBoss.com has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. TheRewardBoss.com and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
How to Get It
- 5 Free nights up to 50k points per night (value = up to 250k points) after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- $95 annual fee
- No Foreign Transaction Fees & Travel/Purchase coverage
- Get 15 elite night credits per year (good if you're trying to earn a higher status)
- Annual free night certificate worth up to 35,000 points
- Earn up to 17X total points for every $1 spent at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy
- Travel Insurances
- 1 Elite Night credit for each $5,000 you spend
- Elite Status: upgrade to Silver status which is not very useful. If you spend $35k in each calendar year, you'll get upgraded to Gold status which also isn't very useful but might get you a small room upgrade.
Am I Eligible for the New Cardmember Bonus
There are several restrictions that need to be carefully reviewed and it's a bit confusing. I will go through an example of friend who currently has the American Express Marriott Bonvoy Personal and Business cards, the Chase Ritz card, and has had the Amex Marriott Luxury card in the past. Lets go through each of these.
- Amex Marriott Bonvoy Personal Card: Since he's currently a cardmember, he'd have to cancel the card and wait 30 days to be eligible for the welcome bonus
- Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business Card: He's had the card for more than 24 months, and got a new cardmember more than 24 months ago, this card is does not cause any problems with getting the bonus.
- Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant (SPG Luxury) Card: He closed this card more than 24 months ago so this card doesn't matter.
- Chase Ritz Card: This card doesn't matter as it's not mentioned in the restrictions.
- The 5/24 Rule: He's under the 5 cards in 24 months rule so no issues here.
Summary: To be eligible for the new cardmember bonus, he'd only need to cancel #1 and wait 30 days.
Data Points: Two people got approved, both previously had the SPG Amex Personal and Business but no longer hold the it. Any sign up bonuses were more than 24 months ago.
Read these carefully – there are a several cases in which you either cannot get the card or get the sign up bonus. Bonvoy Amex cardholders do not appear to be eligible.
- Eligibility for this product: The product is not available to either:
- current cardmembers of the Marriott Bonvoy® Premier credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier), Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus), Marriott Bonvoy Bold® credit card, or
- previous cardmembers of the Marriott Bonvoy® Premier credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier), Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus), or Marriott Bonvoy Bold® credit card, who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.
- Eligibility for the new cardmember bonus: The bonus is not available to you if you:
- are a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days, of Marriott Bonvoy® American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express);
- are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or
- applied and were approved for Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card) within the last 90 days.
[…] This was published by The Reward Boss, to read the complete post please visit https://therewardboss.com/chase-marriott-bonvoy-boundless/. […]