Starwood SPG is promoting their 2014 Music Tour with a chance to win an all-expense trip to one of their concerts and also $50 Ticketmaster cash codes.
There are 2 promotions in addition to the concerts. Here’s a summary:
- There are in-hotel performances at 9 different hotels (one in each of Starwood’s 9 brands) in 9 different cities (3 in the US, the rest in other countries)
- Earn a $50 Ticketmaster Cash code for every 2 nights booked using SPG Apps for iPad, iPhone, and Android and completed now through May 31, 2014
- Win an all-expense paid trip to your choice of 1 of the 9 global music events. To enter tweet a photo of your favorite scene at or around a Starwood hotel or resort, tag it with #spgtheworld and include the hotel or resort name. Tweet up to 10 scenic photos per day through May 1, 2014.
Starwood ran a similar Music Tour in 2012.
You can buy tickets to the concerts with your SPG points at moments by SPG Auctions or you can win them in the contest.
$50 Ticketmaster Cash Codes
Here’s how to get them:
- Click here to register by May 29, 2014
- Earn a $50 Ticketmaster® Cash Code with every eligible two (2) nights booked via the SPG® Apps for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™, and consumed between April 3, 2014, and May 31, 2014 (the “promotion period”), at more than 1,100 participating Starwood properties.
- All earned $50 Ticketmaster cash codes will be sent to members via the email specified in their SPG member profile by June 6, 2014
NOTE: You MUST book using a mobile APP! According to the terms and conditions, third party (including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com and orbitz.com) or via spg.com are NOT considered eligible for this promotion.
Win an all-expense paid trip to your choice of 1 of the 9 global music events
You could win an all-expense paid trip to your choice of 1 of 9 global music events.
How to Enter:
- You must be an SPG member to participate. If you are not, sign up for a free account here.
- Follow @spg on Twitter
- Tweet a photo of your favorite scene at or around a Starwood hotel or resort (it should be in the same city), tag it with #spgtheworld and include the hotel or resort name. Tweet up to 10 scenic photos per day through May 1, 2014. If you don’t have a twitter account, you can sign up for one here.
Note: Only one (1) unique Starwood Hotels & Resorts property per entry.
This is my shortened version, but read all the specifics starting with #7 in the terms and conditions — its a long list. Most are obvious.
- don’t post photos that are negative, inappropriate, controversial,
- No people are allowed in the photos
- don’t post any photos you exhibited publicly before
- don’t post anything inappropriate
- don’t post anything with clothing with visible brands, logos, trademarks, etc (since you aren’t allowed to have people in the photo, I guess this means your own clothes, so don’t take a photo of your own Ed Hardy clothes on the bed in the room).
- you have to take the photo (and not take it from someone else)
- other people may see the photos and you’re giving them the right to use the photo
CONTEST PERIOD: April 17, 2014 to May 1, 2014
Three (3) winners will be selected, but only 1 person will win the grand prize — the all expense paid trip. Here is what they are looking for:
- Uniqueness — Something that separates the photo from ones we’ve seen before (34%)
- Shot Composition (33%)
- Content — How well utilized is the content (e.g., location in a city, something special at the property) in the photo (33%)
Grand Prize: One (1) winner will receive a trip for 2 nights to one of the concerts (your choice). This includes round trip economy flights for two, two nights hotel stay, two concert tickets. Approximate Retail Value up to $5,000
First Prize: One (1) winner will receive 25,000 Starpoints. Approximate Retail Value $875.
Second Prize: One (1) winner will receive a fifty-dollar ($50) Ticketmaster Cash Code Gift Card.
I would choose purely based on location — either Dubai, Argentina, or China. Which would you choose if you won?
Element Vaughan Southwest
Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
June 5, 2014
The St. Regis New York
New York, NY, USA
June 19, 2014
The Westin Grand Munich
July 28, 2014
Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
August 15, 2014
Four Points by Sheraton Nashville – Brentwood
Nashville, TN, USA
August 23, 2014
THE US GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego
San Diego, CA, USA
September 25, 2014
Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Convention Centre
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
November 15, 2014
Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center
Buenos Aires, Argentina
December 4, 2014
Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Here’s the post from flyertalk as a reference.