Enter to win 250,000 miles with American Airlines’ “Look Inside” contest. American has new planes and they want to invite everyone to check them out and one person will win miles and a $1,500 gift card.
How to Enter
A) Click here to enter (anyone can enter) before 3/31/14
B) Register using above link and then book a flight before 3/31/14
*Limit – you can enter 2 times in total by doing A+B or A two times. I entered two times in a row using A and received two email confirmations.
1 (one) person will win 250,000 American Airline miles plus 1 (one) $1,500 prepaid gift card. (Retail value = $6,475). Finger crossed!
Rules and fine print if you’re interested:
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.Buying Will Not Help You Win. Your chances of winning without making a purchase are the same as the chances of someone who purchases something. It is illegal to give any advantage to buyers in a sweepstakes.
2. TO ENTER. The “Look Inside Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes“) commences 11:59:59 a.m. Central Time (“CT“) on February 12, 2014 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. CT on March 31, 2014 (the “Promotion Period“). During the Promotion Period complete an official entry form in the manner(s) listed below. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. on March 31, 2014.
There are two (2) ways to enter Sweepstakes. There is a limit of a total of two (2) entries per e-mail address regardless of entry method. These two (2) entries can be achieved via method A below or a combination of methods A and B below. Entry limitations associated with an entry method, if any, are specified below. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of American Airlines, Inc. (“American Airlines” or “Sponsor“) and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned.
A. To Enter Online: Visit https://secure.fly.aa.com/lookinside and complete all required fields on the online entry form, submit as requested and receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Entrant may enter Sweepstakes up to two (2) times via this method of entry.
B. To Enter via Ticket Purchase: Entrant can receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes after registering for the Sweepstakes via the online method specified above in “A” and then purchasing an American Airlines flight via aa.com prior to March 31, 2014. Entrant must purchase the tickets by using the same email address used to enter the Sweepstakes in “A” in order to receive another entry into the Sweepstakes via this entry method. Limit one (1) entry via this entry method regardless of how many flights entrant purchases. Ticket purchases using AAdvantage® miles or through the AAirpass® program do not qualify for entry.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries“.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama and Nebraska) or older at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and each of their respective parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
4. PRIZE DETAILS AND RELATED TERMS. One (1) Winner will receive: 250,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles which may be used for air transportation on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier), oneworld® airlines or select AAdvantage® participating airlines, car rentals, hotel stays and other awards available at AA.com/redeem, (Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $4,975; and one (1) $1,500 pre-paid gift card (subject to the terms and conditions of gift card), the (“Prize”). Total ARV of all Prizes: $6,475.
If AAdvantage® miles are redeemed for air transportation, Winner is responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from their departure and arrival city. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. AAdvantage® flight awards are subject to, and the passenger is responsible for, the September 11th Security Fee of up to $10 per round-trip, applicable departure taxes, federal inspection fees, passenger facility charges of up to $18.00, depending on itinerary, and any other taxes and fees imposed by a government entity (U.S. or foreign) of up to $240 based on destination; total may vary slightly based upon currency exchange rate at time of purchase, as well as any fees or surcharges (including fuel surcharges) imposed by the carrier. U.S. government excise tax is a user tax to pay for airport construction and airway safety and operations. If ticketing is less than 21 days prior to departure, a $75.00 expedite charge will apply (waived for AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, AAdvantage® Platinum and AAdvantage® Gold members using miles from their account). A ticketing service charge of up to $35.00 will apply when ticketing via Reservations, American Airlines Travel Center or an Airport Ticket Office. (The ticketing service charge is waived for involuntary changes, reissued tickets, AAdvantage award tickets issued within 21 days of travel and an expedite charge has been collected, AAirpass® tickets, Government/military fare tickets, and prepaid tickets.) Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the AAdvantage® award travel. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be credited to the AAdvantage® account of the Winner, who must provide a valid AAdvantage® membership number in order to receive the mileage credit. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles awarded in this Sweepstakes will not count toward elite status qualification, AAdvantage Million Milersm status or any other promotional benefit that American Airlines may offer in the AAdvantage® program. Winner who is not an AAdvantage® member may join at no cost online at www.aa.com and click on AAdvantage® or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. The credited miles may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the AAdvantage® program Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at any time without notice and can be found at www.aa.com/aadvantage when you click on Program Details and then click on AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Determination of income tax liability on AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the Winner. American Airlines may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, mileage levels, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the use of travel awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. American Airlines may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage credit or awards that you have already accumulated. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. Sponsor is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Flight schedules subject to change without notice. Determination of income tax liability on AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the holder. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. For complete depositAAmiles program details, visit www.depositAAmiles.com.
5. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. On or about April 11, 2014, a random drawing will be conducted from among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor whose independent judging organization (“Administrator“) will select the Winner in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor. The Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential Winner will be notified by E-mail. The potential Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these Official Rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within five (5) days from date of issuance, or the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining Eligible Entries received. If any Prize, Prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining Eligible Entries received. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes Winner’s consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor. By accepting Prize, Winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. In the event for any reason that a Winner meets the eligibility requirements stated herein but has not reached the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor’s parent/legal guardian. Prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded.
6. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of Eligible Entries received.
8. TAXES. Any valuation of the Prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winner must provide the Administrator or Sponsor with valid identification and a signed IRS Form W-9 before any Prize will be awarded. United States residents that win $600 or more in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Official Rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsor shall award the Prizes to a Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining uncorrupted Eligible Entries. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties“), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
10. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
11. WINNER LIST. The name of the Winner will be posted on the AA.com® website at www.aa.com/winners on or about May 9, 2014.
12. ADMINISTRATOR. The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201.
13. SPONSOR. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc. American Connection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, Admirals Club, AAdvantage Million Miler, American Eagle and American Connection are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
oneworld is a trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC
Copyright 2014 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.