US Airways just boosted the sign up bonus to 50,000 miles when you get their credit card.
The offer is now available to everyone! It's a fantastic offer and may end at any time. I featured it on my Top 5 List in November but you needed a special invitation to apply. This is going to be very popular because it's soooo easy to get the 50,000 bonus miles – there are no spending requirements! Previously, they were offering only 40,000 miles. I'm writing this from the Lounge at Warsaw Airport on my way back from my Honeymoon to the Maldives.
Links to Apply
- Direct Link
- My affiliate link: Many thanks if you use this link! It takes a few seconds extra to click through my “Airline and Frequent Flyer Credit Card Offers” link – thank you in advance if you use this!!
Annual Fee: $89 (not waived)
Expiration Date: I'm not sure, my guess is the end of December but if a lot of people sign up (and they will), the offer may be pulled early!
Why you should get it:
- The 50,000 offer is the best offer available for the US Airways card.
- Read my more detailed review I wrote here. The main reason to get it: easy miles, no spend requirement!
- I don’t like annual fees but this offer makes it easy for anyone to get miles without worrying about any minimum spend requirements. Is $89 worth 50,000 miles? Of course! There is no other way to buy points for $0.00178 each. And these will be merged with AA miles eventually.
- Fly to North Asia once you have 60k miles (Japan, S.Korea, Taiwan, Macau, HK, China, the ‘stans, and Mongolia). Most airlines charge 70k miles to most of these destinations. Add the bonus to your existing miles and you may have enough.
- Additional perks:
- Get 10% of your redeemed miles back up to 10,000 per year.
- First Checked Bag FREE (for you and up to 4 companions on domestic US Airways flights)
- One Companion Certificate for up to 2 guests ($99+taxes and fees each) and Priority Boarding Zone 2.
- A free Club day pass
- Coming in 2015: $100 flight discount each year you spend $30,000 on purchases (that's pretty steep just to get a $100 discount though)
- 25% in-flight savings on food, beverages & headset purchases on US Airways and American Airlines
Want to see how I earn enough points and miles to travel for free? Read this first. Be one of the 10s of 10s of people who subscribe to receive email updates whenever I post a new article. Enter your email address in the top left corner of the site (mobile users scroll down) and that’s it. Cancel anytime. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or RSS feed.