Follow this trick to get the 50,000 bonus offer instead of the current 30k offer.
Getting both the personal and business cards will net you a total of 100,000 Delta points. Many people, including myself, are quick to criticize Delta
Skymiles Skypesos because the awards are usually way more expensive and difficult to redeem, but they can be extremely valuable if you want to go to Australia (which I am trying to book). Lucky explains in his post that you can now book Virgin Australia flights with Delta miles:“Virgin Australia Awards Using Delta SkyMiles Are Back”. For example, Delta charges 80,000 miles one way in business class to Australia with very low fees.
Should you get it? It depends. The highest bonus was 70k + $100 (in 2012) and this 50k offer does come around from time to time. It’s clearly better than 30k but it may not be for everyone. Its a quick and easy way to earn some miles. Do you have plans to fly to Australia? Or NYC-Park City or NYC-Seattle? I applied just to get some extra Delta miles and because I am planning to go to Australia.
Sometimes a Delta flight is the only way to go. For example, I wanted to fly from NYC to Seattle and while I would expect to pay 25,000 United or AA miles, the only direct award flight available was a coach seat on Delta for 40,000 miles. Since I was going only for a long weekend, I really wanted a direct flight. In another case, some friends were going to NYC to Park City and the only direct flight again was on Delta. Surprisingly, the seats were only 30k miles but I didn’t have enough Delta miles. After 6 people booked the price shot up to 45k miles. In most cases, I expect to never find the lowest award price for Delta.
- Go to https://www.deltaamexca
- Enter your Skymiles number and last name. Click Login. [See image 1 below]
- The screen will refresh and it will look like nothing happened.
- Click http://www.deltaamexcard.com/offer/flight-active-50k-50-sc-may-em/
- The application will appear. On the right side you should see the 50k offer. [See image 2 below]
- Complete the application quickly so it does not time out. Submit and wait for the decision.
- You might see “You are not authorized to view this page”. If so, click here https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do, enter your social security # and home zip code. The decision will appear on this page [see image 3 below].
- Both the personal and business cards offer a 50,000 point bonus after $1,000 spend in 3 months
- Expires 5/31/15
- Annual fee: $95 (waived first year)
- $50 statement credit after you make your first purchase with Delta in the first 3 months
- The Terms & Conditions (pdf’d)
NOTE: If you had the personal card before you can’t get the bonus again. For the business card, you can get the bonus after 12 months:
- Personal Card: “Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.”
- Business Card: “Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product within the last 12 months.”
- 1st checked bag free (works up to a family of 4)
- Priority boarding (pretty meaningless)
- 2 miles per dollar spend
- No foreign transaction fees
Hat Tip buier from Slickdeals.
Are you going to apply? Did it work?
Want to see how I earn enough points and miles to travel for free? Read this first. Be one of the 10s of 10s of people who subscribe to receive email updates whenever I post a new article. Enter your email address in the top left corner of the site and that’s it. Cancel anytime. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or RSS feed.