THIS OFFER HAS EXPIRED
2/20/14 update- this is now confirmed. The minimum spend is now $3000 in the first 90 days.
This is unconfirmed so far but word has it that Barclays is raising the minimum spend required to get this sign up bonus on the Barclaycard Arrival Mastercard from $1,000 to $3,000.
Click here to apply
Currently, if you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days, you receive 40,000 miles. Rumors say that they are raising the minimum to $3,000 but I'm not sure when this will happen. I know there are many people out there who prefer rewards with no restrictions (with this offer you can use the miles for $400 credit towards your flight). This card makes it easy to get and use the rewards towards a flight so if you were interested in this card, you may want to apply before they raise the minimum. Don't rush just because the minimum is going up but if you were thinking about this one already, it may make sense to apply now.
- You will earn 40,000 miles after spending only $
1,000$3,000 in the first 90 days.
- The card does have an annual fee but its waived in the first year then $89/yr.
- If you dont want to deal with the hassle of transferring the points to an airline and trying to find a reward flight that's available when you want to go, this is the card for you.
- You'll get $400 credit towards your flight with no restrictions. If you are willing to put a little time into it (its worth it), you'll get a better deal with the other cards listed here. That alternative takes some time and sometimes people get frustrated with it (searching for the right flights that are available when you need to go) and give up, letting their miles go unused or expired.
- Earn 2x miles on all purchases
Here are some posts talking about it if you'd like to read more: ViewFromTheWing and ThePointsGuy
[In full disclosure, the Reward Boss gets paid a referral if you the links above. I research and post the best deals I can find, regardless of whether there is a commission available. You don't have to use my links but I really appreciate if you do.]