Lyft launched their popular carpooling service “Lyft Line” in 6 cities this week. For a limited time, you’ll be able to take $5 rides in the $5 Zone (maps below)! Lyft Line has made it even easier to get around for less and even find a date. In NYC, rides started with flat rates of only $5, then $8, now it calculated based on your destination – still a great deal. In many cases, when I take a Line, I end up getting a private ride at a big discount.
PS – Want to see what Lyft & Uber look like in Africa? Watch Family Guy, “Scammed Yankees” – season 14 episode 12.
$50 Credit – New User Bonus
New users now get a sign up credit of $50. Lyft keeps changing how the credit works but people have reported receiving 10 credits of $5 that expire within 2 weeks. Those credits are perfect for $5 Lyft Line rides!
Thanks for using my referral link! Feel free to put your referral code in the comments below.
Lyft Line Cities
The pink pins are the new cities that launched this week!
New Jersey $5 Zone
I’m not sure why Lyft calls this it “Greater Newark Area” but decided not to include Newark in the $5 zone.
- Jersey City, Hoboken, Newport, West Bergen + Union City.
Silicon Valley/San Jose $5 Zone
- $5 Lyft Line Ride Zone: North Valley, Santa Clara, Downtown San Jose + Fairgrounds
San Diego $5 Zone
- $5 Lyft Line Ride Zone: Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach, Hillcrest, Gaslamp Quarter + North Park
Denver $5 Zone
- $5 Lyft Line Ride Zone: Rino, Lohi, Cherry Creek, Baker, Wash Park
Philadelphia $5 Zone
- $5 Lyft Line Ride Zone: Temple, North Liberties, Center City, University City, South Philly
Seattle $5 Zone
- $5 Lyft Line Ride Zone: University District, Fremont, Capitol Hill, South Lake Union, Belltown, International District
- Lyft to expand carpool service in 6 cities, including Seattle and San Jose
- Lyft’s carpooling service is expanding to six US cities next week
- Lyft Expands Short-Distance Carpool Service Into 6 New Areas