Amex Hilton Surpass 100K Offer Overview
The biggest signup bonus offer ever for the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express is back. I wrote about the same offer in in May 2017. The bonus is again 100,000 Hilton points plus 1 free weekend night certificate on the cardholder's 1st anniversary date (1 time only). This ends October 4th.
Is it worth getting? In my last post I mentioned combining this with another card which is no longer available. Now instead you and your traveling partner can both sign up and put your free nights and points together to get up to 4 nights free (2 free night certificates + 2 nights paid for by the 200k combined points). Since you can only get this bonus once (Amex rules), it makes sense to wait for the best bonus… like this one. To get the free night you will be paying $75 for the first year, $75 for the second year – totaling $150 in annual fees per card.
Compare this card with other reward cards.
- Get 100,000 Hilton Honors points after spending $3,000 in 3 months.
- Offer Ends 10/4/2017
- Get 1 free weekend night certificate on the anniversary date (which mean you are renewing for 2nd year). You only get 1 of these no matter how long you keep the card.
- Earn 12X Hilton Points for each dollar spent at hotel that is part of the Hilton family; 6X points at restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations; 3X points for all other eligible purchases
- Gold Status at Hilton comes with the card! (valuable for those free expensive resort breakfasts like at the Conrad Maldives!)
- Get Diamond Status after spending $40k in a calendar year
- $75 annual fee is not waived
- As with all Amex cards, signup bonus is once per lifetime (or until Amex systems forget about you ~ 7 – 8 years from card cancel date). Not sure if you had the card? Just chat online with Amex, they will tell you.
- $75 annual fee is not waived
- Need to pay annual fee the 2nd year to get the free weekend night certificate
- Max total of four Amex credit cards open at any one time
- This includes both personal cards and business cards,
- Excludes charge cards (like Amex Plat)
- As I wrote about in my last post on this offer, very high end Hilton's can cost up to 95,000 Hilton points per night.
- Redemptions start at only 5,000 points, in which case you could stay there 20 nights. For example, several Hampton Inn's in Turkey are only 5,000 points according to the Hilton Maximum Redemption Price tool.
Where can I use the 1 free night certificate?
The 1 free night certificate can be used at almost all hiltons except those listed here.
Will I get 1 free night every year?
No. You get it 1 time on your first anniversary. After that you do not get the certificate anymore.
Check Your Application Status
After you apply you can easily check your application status online.
Note: If you click some links on this site, TheRewardBoss may receive a commission at no added cost to you. By doing so, you help support my project and allow me to continue providing you with more rewarding information. I research, travel, and write my opinions regardless of whether there is a commission available. You don’t have to use my links, but I appreciate when you do. Thank you for your support!