EASY HILTON STATUS MATCH
12/1/15 Update: Hilton Diamond status confirmed!
It’s simple, just email proof of elite status with a competing program to Hilton and they’ll match it. Unlike Hyatt, which appears to have given their top tier status to anyone with any status (or lack of status), Hilton’s language suggests you’ll get an equivalent status when they match. But if you got upgraded to Hyatt’s top tier, perhaps that means you can now get Hilton Diamond too. Before you book a Hilton hotel, check out the Hilton discount codes here.
Based on what happened with Hyatt, if you have even a low to mid level elite status, you should do this.
HiltonHHonorsRepresentative posted the following on Flyertalk this morning:
We’re winding down for the Thanksgiving holiday and, as a heads up, I will be out of the office until Monday, but I wanted to let you know about our status match program…
We’ve been receiving a number of requests and yes, we do match status from other programs and we’d love to be your travel home.
- We are matching status for 2016. To make sure you’re all set for the year, please submit your request by January 11, 2016. You’ll enjoy that status through March 2017.
- All you need is something that shows your elite tier in another program and an HHonors number.
- Email us at HHonorMyStatus@hilton.com and we’ll help get you started.
Please note it may take a couple of days to process given the Thanksgiving holiday. We promise to process requests as quickly as possible and any request submitted prior to January 11, 2016, will be processed in time to enjoy your new status for the entire year.
HOW TO GET UPGRADED VIA STATUS MATCH
- Take a screen shot of your elite status with another program like SPG, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott. I logged into my account and took a screen shot of my profile page.
- Send your HHonors # along with proof of your elite status via email to HHonorMyStatus@hilton.com
- The deadline is January 16, 2016, but I suggest you do it as soon as possible in case they get flooded with requests and change the rules (or lack of rules).
DIAMOND STATUS BENEFITS
I currently have Hilton Gold status and will be happy to upgrade to Diamond status. Many years ago I held Diamond status for about 3 years straight and it was’t that impressive. The most important benefit for me already comes with Gold status: the free breakfast. This benefit came it handy on my honeymoon at the Conrad Maldives where breakfast is extremely expensive. Yes, Diamond status is one step higher than gold. One might expect more benefits but I can’t think of single time I got any special treatment during the 3 years that I was Diamond. No suite upgrades. Ever. And no memorable room upgrades. It’s the polar opposite of Starwood which rolls out the red carpet for Platinum members (and the reason SPG is my favorite program).
This status match free for all doesn’t happen often. Go sign up for the Hilton Status match!
This was the response I got from Hilton. If you follow the steps I outlined above, you should be good to go.
We’re on it! But we may need some more information from you…
We’re excited to honor your status and offer our elite benefits to even more members like you. If you have not already done so, please reply to this email with the following information:
- Your Hilton HHonors account number. If you’re not yet a member, you’ll need to sign up first.
- Proof of status with another hotel loyalty program. This can be a screenshot of your current account status or your membership card. We accept jpg files, word documents & PDFs.
Please do NOT send us any personal information (including your phone number, address, social security number, date of birth, user name, passwords, or credit card information).
Once your Hilton HHonors elite status has been honored, you’ll have it through March 31, 2017. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S., please allow up to 5 business days for your information to be processed.
We’ll be in touch soon!
The Hilton HHonors Team