For a limited time, Citi is offering a 50,000 Bonus for the Citi Prestige® Credit Card after a $3,000 spend in 3 months!
Citi's latest credit card offer gives you at least $1350 of value (less the $450 annual fee). The required spend is only $3,000 in 3 months.
If you plan to book AA / US Air flights within the next 365 days, you will get at least ~$1,350 worth of airline credit from the Citi Prestige® card – far exceeding the $450 annual fee. Calculated as follows:
Annual Fee: $450 (big but keep reading to see why its worth it)
WHY YOU SHOULD GET IT
Citi has made a really attractive bonus on their Prestige card which was previously only 30,000. Here are the main benefits:
- The annual fee is $450 but you get $250 in Air Travel credit each calendar year. That means you can get $250 credit in 2015 and 2016 so you make $50.
- Redeem points for a $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways®, OR
- Redeem points for a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards
- 50,000 miles with 11 airline transfer partners (but I think I would rather redeem it for an $800 flight)
- Lounge access to Admirals Club and Priority Pass Select (more lounges)
- $100 Global Entry Application fee credit
- No foreign transaction fees
- 4th night free on any hotel stay (I rarely pay for hotels so this does not give me much value)
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels, 2x on Dining/Entertainment, 1x per $1 spend on other purchases
Citi ThankYou® Premier, Citi Prestige® and Citi Chairman® cardmembers can transfer points to the following partners at a ratio of 1 to 1:
- Air Asia Miles
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands
- Etihad Guest
- AirFrance / KLM Flying Blue
- Garuda Indonesia Frequent Flyer
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- Hilton HHonors (I wouldn't use this)
The value in this card wasn't obvious at first but this is a great offer! I already have Global Entry so although I wont benefit from that or the 4th night free, I am still going to apply for this. If you don't think you will benefit from all the perks then the annual fee is probably not worth it just to get the 50,000 bonus.
Are these perks valuable for you? Do you plan to sign up?
- Citi Premier 50K Bonus – Tip to Score $848 AA / US Air Credits (instead of $662)
- How To Get $800+ In Airfare With The Prestige Card
Note: If you click some links on this site, TheRewardBoss may receive a commission at no added cost to you. By doing so, you help support my project and allow me to continue providing you with more rewarding information. I research, travel, and write my opinions regardless of whether there is a commission available. You don’t have to use my links, but I appreciate when you do. Thank you for your support!