THIS OFFER EXPIRED. CLICK HERE TO SEE THE LATEST OFFERS.
LINK TO APPLY [expired]
- 40,000 miles after spending only $500 in the first 90 days (no high spend requirements) (yes, they advertise an extra 10k for balance transfers but I don’t like pay transfer fees, do you?)
My favorite use for these 40,000 miles:
- Free domestic tickets including Alaska (20,000 miles round trip per person)
- Free International tickets to Mexico, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Jamaica (30,000 miles round trip per person – you will only have enough for 1 round trip ticket)
- Click here to see the award redemption chart
First, the bad parts:
- Look at their routemap. They do fly to lots of airports domestically (a good thing). If you in the New York City area, you will have to connect in Denver for all flights.
- Also, I don’t love the $69 annual fee.
Next, the good parts:
- Most carriers charge 25,000 miles for a domestic flight while Frontier only charges 20,000.
- I’d like to go to Alaska. From NYC, I have to stop somewhere anyway, so the “bad part” above may not be so bad.
- I also plan to go skiing in Salt Lake City which usually requires a stop at Denver, so this card could pay for my flights for that trip which usually costs around $300-400 (so 2 tickets would make this worth up to around $800).
If you can make a good use of the Frontier miles, then this may be worth it, especially if you are near one of their hubs like Denver. Its also easy to get the bonus with the small spend requirements.
[In full disclosure, the Reward Boss gets paid a referral if you use the links above. I research and post the best offers I can find, regardless of whether there is a commission available. You don’t have to use my links but I really appreciate if you do.]
Want to see how I earn enough points and miles to travel for free? Read this first. Be one of the 10s of 10s of people who subscribe to receive email updates whenever I post a new article. Enter your email address in the top left corner of the site (mobile users scroll down) and that’s it. Cancel anytime. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or RSS feed.