Jet.com, a competitor to Amazon.com and Costco, just launched yesterday. Use the promo coupon code to get a free 1 year membership. This is better than the 6 month promo codes and much better than the 3 months you get if you just sign up without any codes.
DISCOUNTS + PROMO CODES
- 20% Off First Grocery Order: FRESH20 min $35 grocery order, max discount $25
- 20% Off: APPLE20 or ANDROID20 see it on the app store or google play – max $50 discount, new customers only, expire date unknown. The codes work even without the mobile apps!
- 15% off: Use promo code at checkout NYSAVES – new customers only
- $10 off $35: Use Jet promo code TENBUCKSNOW, SAVELOTS, SAVE10SEPT (expires 12/31/15), NYCSAVES10
EXPIRED CODES (some might still work)
- 20% Off: 20NOW (max $50, new customers only, expires 10/29/15)
- $15 off $50: promo code 9D2FFB2 to get $15 off your first order of $50 (expired 9/1/15) and combine with the free 1 year codes below!
- $15 off: Use Jet promo code at checkout ANDROID15 ($15 off $50), 15BUCKSNOW ($15 off $35 expires 10/15), 15NOW
- Free shipping expires 9/30
HOW TO GET FREE
1 YEAR MEMBERSHIP (or 6 MONTHS)
UPDATE: Free membership for everyone!
- Go to Jet.com and add items to your shopping cart. Enter one of these codes in the Promo Code box at checkout
- 1 YEAR FREE:
- Working codes: GOOGLE, FACEBOOK, MICROSOFT
- Expired codes: Accel0721A, GOOGLE, MICROSOFT, CURISMA, GOLDMAN, or FACEBOOK
- 6 MONTHS FREE
- Everywhere: FREE6, JETVIRAL
- New York City: NYCSAVES
- Chicago: CHISAVES
- Philadelphia: PHILLYSAVES
- Washington DC: DCSAVES
- Miami: MIAMISAVES
- Los Angeles: LASAVES
- Click Create Account. The membership starts after your first purchase.
- Be sure to use one of the coupon codes above on your first order!
UPDATE 10/20/15: Memberships are now free for everyone!
UPDATE: 9/21/15: Free 1 year membership promo codes WORKING AGAIN! HURRY! Several people have reported the 1 year codes working again and I've updated the instructions (Thank you BE David Brown for pointing this out!). The codes must be entered in the Promo Code box at checkout. The system accepted the FACEBOOK code. When I enter another working code like GOOGLE, it says I have already entered a working code. If I enter an expired code, it says the date it expired.
CODES NOTE WORKING? The original 1 Year promo codes were working on and off depending on the day and computer you use, but now they no longer seem to work. I've added 6 month free membership codes as the next best thing. If you discover any new codes, please let me know in the comments.
I just tested these codes on 9/1/15 and these are still working – These codes have not been working in the in the last couple of days.
Note: This is not a referral code. It's directly from Accel Partners (see their tweet). I do not get anything if you sign up. No credit card is needed and they don't auto-renew (otherwise I would not sign up).
WHAT IS JET.com?
Jet is trying to compete with Amazon and is a cross between Costco and Amazon. They say they make money off the membership fee and the more you buy, the lower the prices go. The prices are the same or better than Amazon.com. Comedian Kumail Nanjiani explains it in this video:
TESTING IT OUT
Update: Read about my first order, the smushed boxes, and how Jet customer service responded.
Jet claims buying larger quantities unlocks more discounts. I tried it out and here's an example of how it works: This Penne Pasta costs $1.28 for 1 box. If I buy a 2nd box, I get $1.02 off (almost buy one get one free). If I add a 3rd box, I get $1.59 off. On the 10th box, I get $6.20 off. That's only $0.66 for each box (and a lot of pasta!).
Comparing vs Amazon
Jet is supposed to show you Amazon's price right on the product page — but it doesn't for this one for some reason.
The same Barilla Pasta on Amazon.com costs $1.37, or $1.24 after the 10% coupon, but Amazon doesn't give me any discount for buying more than 1.
If you buy in bulk, you can probably save some money using Jet.com. If you pay for Amazon Prime and need Amazon Same Day Delivery to bring you 1 bag of chips, this might not be worth it for you. With a free 1 year membership and free shipping on orders of $35 or more, its worth trying out Jet.com.
Note: If you click some links on this site, TheRewardBoss may receive a commission at no added cost to you. By doing so, you help support my project and allow me to continue providing you with more rewarding information. I research, travel, and write my opinions regardless of whether there is a commission available. You don’t have to use my links, but I appreciate when you do. Thank you for your support!