I needed to rent a car for a little ski weekend soon and did some digging. I often rent with Avis because there is one nearby and I can usually find a deal. Most of the codes online dont seem to work or offer any real discounts. Here are some good codes that I found — hopefully you can use them.
Just click the link to see the promotion details or just enter the coupon code when you make the reservation online
- Free Weekend Night (rent 3 nights, get 1 free) Code: TUTA035 Expires: 6/30/13 (you don’t have to use the AWD mentioned) [should be expired but I just booked a rental with this coupon on 8/28/13 for the following weekend)]
- United and Avis: Quadruple (4x) Miles per day (300 miles per day) Click here for more info. Use AWD# K019380 Coupon Code: MUAA045- Expires 9/30/13
- Get a $14.99 weekend special using this Hertz coupon code. Expires 11/29. And get up to 5% cash back.
- Save $25 on a Weekly Rental – click here (if you are keeping a car over the weekend the free weekend night will probably be a better deal)
- Free Upgrade – Coupon # UUWA055 – or # UUWA058 – I usually get a free upgrade already so I would prefer 1 free day, but if you prefer an upgrade… here you go.
- $20 off a weekend rental
- Coupon # MUWA233
- Coupon # MUWA234 (from a Neighborhood location)
- Expiration: For both codes, rental must begin by August 31, 2013
- Club Carlson Hotel Points
- Earn 7,500 Club Carlson points with a 3+ day rental by using Coupon # MUHA018 (Expires 12/31/13)
- Budget (owned by Avis): 30% off and triple American Airline Miles
- The fine print says you will get 150 AA miles per rental day — not much, I used to get 500 miles from Avis per rental, not sure if that is still possible.
- ENTERPRISE has a good weekend special. $9.99 Economy, $14.99 Intermediate, $17.99 Standard, $19.99 Full Size. They give you 100 miles per day. Since I’m driving to Vermont, I’m staying with Avis this time where I get unlimited miles.
On my most recent rental it came out to around $100 + taxes = ~$125. Using the free weekend night code brought the total down to just under $91. The code provided a discount of $34.
If you use one, please let us know if they worked and how much you saved.