Amex Premier Rewards Gold 50K Offer
Many consider the latest 50K after $1,000 spend offer for the American Express Premier Rewards Gold card to be a no brainer. With the annual fee waived the first year and a $200 airline fee credit ($100 annually x 2), this is clearly a money making signup. Even with the most conservative valuation at 1c per MR pt, this signup is worth at least $700.
Churnable? Not with the Current Amex Rules
Commenter Gene asked whether the card was churnable. To clarify, the Amex Premier Rewards Gold card is considered a personal credit card, while the Amex Business Gold Rewards card is a business credit card. Amex changed its signup bonus eligibility rules in 2014 for the worse: only 1 bonus per lifetime. The good news is that this new rule only applies to personal Amex cards. For business Amex cards, one can still requalify for the signup bonus after a 12 month “cooling off period” for the same card.
It is very possible that Amex may one day revise its signup bonus eligibility rules again for the better. For the foreseeable future, assume the bonus for all personal Amex cards to be once per lifetime.
Do I qualify for the 50k Bonus if I Have the Amex Business Gold Card?
Should I Apply or Hold off for the Higher 75k Bonus Offer?
The highest bonus for the Amex Premier Rewards Gold card for 75,000 bonus pts after $1,000 spend was last seen February 2013. If you are currently working on meeting min. spend requirements from other credit card signups, you may want to hold off on applying until your next app-o-rama. There is a chance Amex may bump up the offer to 75,000 pts again.
If you are new to the points and miles credit card game and have had less than 5 new credit card accounts in the past 2 years, you may want to apply for a Chase credit cards that earn Ultimate Reward pts. Chase has recently revised its signup bonus eligibility rules ONLY for personal cards that earn Ultimate Reward pts. Applicants will be auto-rejected if they have had 5+ new credit card accounts across all banks within the past 2 years, making Ultimate Reward pts extremely valuable now more than ever!
If you fit this scenario, sign up for the Chase Ink Plus or any of the other Chase cards that earn Ultimate Reward pts. Once you have surpassed the 5 new accounts / 2 yr restriction, you can then pursue other cards (that do not earn Ultimate Reward pts).
Instructions – Applying for the American Express Premier Rewards Gold 50,000pt Offer
- Open this link a new incognito window in the Google Chrome browser
- Or manually paste in the link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/premier-rewards-gold/
- If you do not see the offer above, close the incognito window and repeat until you see the 50k offer
- Hit “APPLY NOW” on the bottom right
As I have always encouraged, if you decide to apply for a credit card, try to sign up for multiple cards on the same day. Credit bureaus will not see the hard credit pulls until the next day, increasing the chances of instant approval when applying for multiple cards on the same day – just make sure no more than 1 card per bank. If you ultimately decide to pull the trigger on the Amex Premier Rewards Gold card, here are my picks to compliment your application:
- Barclays Lufthansa Miles & More – 50K signup after $5,000 spend in 3 months (good for 3 first class OW domestic flights on United)
- Citi Prestige Mastercard – 50K signup after $3,000 spend in 3 months (score $1,350 in American Airlines flights)
Did’t Get Instant Approval??
Check your Amex app status online
Other Amex Offers:
American Express has really been on a roll with lots of great offers this year. I’ve been able to increase my point balance significantly. Thank you Amex! Check out these recent posts if the American Express EveryDay credit card does not fit your spending needs:
- Amex EveryDay Credit Card 25k Offer – after $2,000 spend in the first 3 months
- Amex Blue Cash EveryDay $250 Offer – after $1,000 spend in the first 3 months
- Amex Platinum 100K Offer – after $3,000 spend in the first 3 months
- Amex Premier Rewards Gold 50K Offer – after $1,000 spend in the first 3 months
- Amex Business Rewards Gold 75K Offer – after $10,000 spend in the first 3 months
- Amex EveryDay Preferred 30K Offer – after $2,000 spend in the first 3 months