*UPDATE: Offer has expired. For more Lyft coupon promo codes, visit borntocoupon.com
How does it work? Watch this youtube video
Lyft, is a new ride sharing service and competitor to Uber (which I wrote about here).
New customers GET 5 FREE RIDES in NEW YORK CITY / BROOKLYN. Rides only valid for rides within the New York City / Brooklyn coverage area, up to $25 per ride. They did a similar promotion when they launched in 24 other markets which I wrote about here. I use Lyft a couple times a week now and love it — especially on weekends when the trains don't run as often.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
- Click here to sign up for
5 FREE RIDESto use in 15 days (new customers only now only get 1 free ride up to $25)
- Download the mobile app (do it when you are in New York City / Brooklyn to make sure this promotion works!)
- Sign up then click in the settings –> payment –> scroll to the bottom below your credit card info. You should see
“5 free rides, up to $25 each”. If the credits don't show up in the app on their own, go to the Payment screen and enter the code CENTRALPARK before requesting your first Lyft!
If your credits don't show up, enter the code CENTRALPARK here:
CAN I REFER A FRIEND?
Yes, you will get a referral link in your email after you sign up. Give it to your friends and they will get $25 credit towards your first ride. You will also get $25 credit. This link explains it.
WHERE IS IT AVAILABLE ?
- Arizona: Phoenix, Tucson
- California: Bakersfield, Fresno, Inland Empire, Los Angeles, Modesto, Napa and Sonoma County, Orange County, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Silicon Valley, Stockton
- Colorado: Denver, Colorado Springs
- Connecticut: Fairfield County
- District of Columbia: Washington D.C.
- Florida: Miami, Orlando, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville
- Georgia: Atlanta
- Hawaii: Honolulu
- Illinois: Chicago
- Indiana: Indianapolis
- Kentucky: Lexington, Louisville
- Maryland: Baltimore
- Massachusetts: Boston
- Michigan: Detroit, Ann Arbor
- Minnesota: Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Missouri: St. Louis, Kansas City
- Nebraska: Lincoln, Omaha
- New Jersey: The entire east part of NJ
- New Mexico: Albuquerque
- New York: New York City
- North Carolina: Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham
- Ohio: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo
- Oklahoma: Oklahoma City, Tulsa
- Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh
- Rhode Island: Providence
- Tennessee: Nashville, Memphis
- Texas: Austin, Dallas Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi
- Utah: Salt Lake City
- Virginia: Virginia Beach (Hampton Roads)
- Washington: Seattle, Spokane
- Wisconsin: Madison, Milwaukee
IS IT SAFE ? HOW IS IT DIFFERENT ?
This chart explains how Lyft compares vs Taxi's, gypsy cabs/black cars and craigslist (though I would never bother with craigslist for a ride).
Note: If you click some links on this site, TheRewardBoss may receive a small commission at no added cost to you. By doing so, you help support my project and allow me to continue providing you with more rewarding information. I research, travel, and write my opinions regardless of whether there is a commission available. You don’t have to use my links, but I appreciate when you do. Thank you for your support!
Want to see how I earn enough points and miles to travel for free? Read this first. Be one of the 10s of 10s of people who subscribe to receive email updates whenever I post a new article. Enter your email address in the top left corner of the site (mobile users scroll down) and that’s it. Cancel anytime. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or RSS feed.